Hi, my name is Paulb! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Paulb!

Options
Paulb
Paulb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Don't really know what to say. So i will start with abit about myself. Normally keep myself to myself so find this difficult. I dont class myself as disabled but i do struggle with things mentally and physically. In the last 10 years ive had both knees replaced, had an accident and lost half my calf off 2 years ago. Just had a shoulder replacement.  I find it difficult to walk far and do alot of things i used to. I used to be very active thats all gone now. I have type 2 diabetes and suffer with chronic arthritis. I also get very fed up and down. So there is where  im at.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Paulb and a warm welcome to the community. Very glad to have you with us.
    Kudos to you for being open and up front, but you have found a safe place here and are among friends so there's no reason to be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions. The better we get to know each other, the easier we may find ways to be of use to you.
    Hardly surprising, Paul, that you get fed up. I'd challenge anyone not to in similar circumstances. 
    First thing, you're not alone now. You're among people of whom many share or have shared very similar experiences to your own, who will be glad to support you in way we can.
    Have look through the links lower down the screen and see if there are any discussions you might like to join. The Mental Health one (which addresses depression, feeling low) is https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/mental-health-issues
    Hoping to get to know you better, 
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Paulb, welcome to the community!

The discussion category that Richard mentioned could be good for you to check, and we also have lots of other groups and discussions that you might be interested in getting involved with.

Please do let us know if you have any questions or need any support!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.