If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Sodium Valporate.

lillybellelillybelle Posts: 455Member Pioneering
edited March 2018 in Disabled people
Just wondering if anybody has been affected whilst taking sodium valporate ( Epilim) during pregnancy

Replies

• Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 7,647Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @lillybelle
    I dont know anything about this but found some information on the Epilepsy website.

Do you want to tell us a bit more?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • lillybellelillybelle Posts: 455Member Pioneering
    For years it has been known that taking Epilim whilst pregnant is dangerous for the foetus. However the evidence was covered up and patients were not told.
       This resulted in hundreds of babies born with birth defects.
      The manufacturer of the drug have now admitted this and a warning has been put onto the boxes.
    this has been news headlines for a few months
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 7,647Administrator Scope community team
    Is this something you have experience of @lillybelle ?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Buster09Buster09 Posts: 3Member Listener
    Hi lillybelle, I have a grandson that was recently diagnosed with FVS and he’s an absolute nightmare. He hits his brothers and his mum, my daughter! He is 8 this year, although still quite small and very thin in stature.  He is becoming stronger and when he’s in a rage, which is most of the time, he does a lot of damage to his belongings and his brothers. It was actually my daughters peace that Norman Lamb was talking about in the commons. She and my grandson were also in the Norwich evening news and on our local news, Look East. I really don’t know how she copes!! He’s recently been awarded DLA , so at least my daughter can now replace some of the things he broken in the house. Any questions please ask
Sign in or join us to comment.