Separation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Separation

Tanz82
Tanz82 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi. I am struggling to accept that my husband that u have been separated from for 4yrs he has found a nice lady to sure his life with. O have found love mymyselbut still find it difficult to acacce. Is this normal?

Thanks 1982 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tanz82
    I think relationships are so complex and can be difficult to understand when it comes to our feelings.

Are you happy in your current relationship? What is it that you are struggling with?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • PSHEexpert
    PSHEexpert Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    Hi @Tanz82

@Sam_Scope is right, relationships are really complicated.  When you've been in a serious relationship with someone - you say you were married, so that's about as serious as it gets really - it's hard to just forget all about it completely.  Seeing him with someone new, and being happy with her, maybe makes you remember YOUR happy times with him.  That's okay; when we break up with someone I think we're conditioned to think of them as the bad guy or something, but it's not always the case.  BUT, it can be really confusing.

How are things with your current partner?  Are you feeling happy with them?
    - Gill 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.