If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

P.I.P. complaints package?

bevt2017bevt2017 Posts: 353Member Pioneering
Hi everyone

Recently I have had a  "P.I.P assessment" it was HORIFIC to say the least.
So to start the complaints procedures, my husband contacted "Atos". 
They told him that he needed to contact DWP first?
So when he contacted "DWP" again, they told him he would have to contact "Atos" again?
"They have already wound me up"
Anyway this time "Atos"  told my husband, that a "complaints package" would be sent out today, and we should receive it, in about 2 days time? 
My question is has anybody done a complaints package?
And what information do I need to send?
Thanks 
Bev

Replies

  • lillybellelillybelle Posts: 455Member Pioneering
    I’m so sorry you feel like this. I’m not in this situation as my assessment wasn’t too bad but don’t you think you should wait for the report first before you start putting complaints in.
    Just calm down and give yourself a little breathing space.
    im not saying don’t complain though
  • bevt2017bevt2017 Posts: 353Member Pioneering
    Hi @lillybelle

    thanks for the reply!

    no! I'm not going to wait for the assessors report, and I need what happened to me addressing. 
    I have already spoke about my assessment on "MPs complaint" and the things that happened to me on that day. 

    Its good to know that at least some people, are treated with dignity and respect. "but in my case I was not"

    All the best to you
    bev
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Posts: 5,246Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    It is important to make a complaint about poor assessors but this is a separate issue to winning your award.
    Your first priority is to prove that you meet the criteria for an award, mentioning that you have made a complaint may help but details of the complaint are not necessary at MR or appeal  and will not help

    CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • katashalee2katashalee2 Posts: 1Member Listener
    I claim for pip two time and tune me down I want to why them no hope people I do assessment and in three days time send back and tune me down 
  • bevt2017bevt2017 Posts: 353Member Pioneering
    Hi @CockneyRebel

    Thank you for your reply! 

    I have been going through the P.I.P process since 2016.
    The first time they refused me an assessment, and my case went straight to court. "I won"
    I have recently and reluctantly gone back to P.I.P. about the mobility side.

    I have just noticed, that you have commented on my "MP complaint"? firstly "thank you for your support"
    so you already know the reason why I am taking action now.

    This has got to stop! I'm not going to let them, or anyone treat me this way.

    Thank you
    Bev
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Posts: 5,246Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    I will always support any deserving clamant to the best of my ability

    C R


    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kami24kami24 Posts: 260Member Pioneering
    They 'awarded' me the first time for pip after second assessment they say only 2 points when before it was 10 points no changes as i have borderline personality disorder disorder which is bad but they don't understand
  • ash5896ash5896 Posts: 97Member Pioneering
    When going through my assessment the chair broke and I ended up on the floor. The nurse didn’t even ask if I needed assistance. I have put a complaint in and it’s my word against hers. I then escalated the complaint and wa still the same again. I’m now taking the complaintto the independents complaints examiner and also complaint to the NMC about the nurse. 
    I had my MR decision too and it’s been changed despite the nurses lies in her report.
    Ash 
  • bevt2017bevt2017 Posts: 353Member Pioneering
    Hi @ash5896

    Good for you!

    I also recieved my full award regardless of the assessment.

    I did receive an appologitic letter from IAS, but they basically said I couldn't prove it.

    They said they would put my complaint against the assessor name ( he was a paramedic). So that if they recieve another complaint, they will investigate it further.
    I feel sorry for the next person who has to deal with him.

    Good luck
    Bev
  • ShlblyShlbly Posts: 124Member Pioneering
    bevt2017 said:
    Hi everyone

    Recently I have had a  "P.I.P assessment" it was HORIFIC to say the least.
    So to start the complaints procedures, my husband contacted "Atos". 
    They told him that he needed to contact DWP first?
    So when he contacted "DWP" again, they told him he would have to contact "Atos" again?
    "They have already wound me up"
    Anyway this time "Atos"  told my husband, that a "complaints package" would be sent out today, and we should receive it, in about 2 days time? 
    My question is has anybody done a complaints package?
    And what information do I need to send?
    Thanks 
    Bev
    Hi I am just finishing up doing my complaints package, have had help from CAB who have done a wonderful letter about what was wrong with assessment, plus an annoted copy of assessment, do not send it to the email they give you, it comes back, sending mine via post today. Good luck, this is so wrong what they are doing!!!
  • ShlblyShlbly Posts: 124Member Pioneering
    bevt2017 said:
    Hi @ash5896

    Good for you!

    I also recieved my full award regardless of the assessment.

    I did receive an appologitic letter from IAS, but they basically said I couldn't prove it.

    They said they would put my complaint against the assessor name ( he was a paramedic). So that if they recieve another complaint, they will investigate it further.
    I feel sorry for the next person who has to deal with him.

    Good luck
    Bev
    Hi wonder if it was the same paremedic that I am complaining about? 
  • bevt2017bevt2017 Posts: 353Member Pioneering
    Good morning @Shlbly

    I've had my MP helping me and she's been amazing.

    I always send any letters by recorded delivery, even if they send me a pre paid envolope. So I can check to see if they have recieved it and I have proof aswell.

    My assessor was horrible, he treated me like I was stupid (Big mistake).
    His first initial was R?

    Good luck with your complaint.
  • ShlblyShlbly Posts: 124Member Pioneering
    bevt2017 said:
    Good morning @Shlbly

    I've had my MP helping me and she's been amazing.

    I always send any letters by recorded delivery, even if they send me a pre paid envolope. So I can check to see if they have recieved it and I have proof aswell.

    My assessor was horrible, he treated me like I was stupid (Big mistake).
    His first initial was R?

    Good luck with your complaint.
    Morning bev2017
    yes my MP did a letter after asking him many times, the letter he did I have put on here, very basic!

    Yes sent new PIP claim last week, tracked and signed for, then complaint re assessor the same, has cost me a lot, but I don’t trust them, as I know people in the MH groups that have been told they never received it.

    My assessor was horrible too, kept cutting me off saying ‘if it wasn’t in the last year, it’s not relevant’ so after he had done this three times, I never got to explain anything and just answered yes and no to this questions. 35 minutes and he was gone out of my house, which is all I wanted by then.

    His initials were JC, saw him on Linkdin, as still on there from years ago, so wanted to write something believe, but didn’t.
  • bevt2017bevt2017 Posts: 353Member Pioneering
    Hi @Shlbly

    Sounds like you know what your doing and don't intend  to back down, which I think is "awesome".

    I must admit I did want to give up a few times, but I had amazing support from scopes community.

    One thing I did forget to mention.
    The IAS did say that I couldn't prove what went on.
    So I recommend everyone tape there assessments.

  • GoForItGoForIt Posts: 39Member Connected
    You complain don't wait, when the report comes through ( if you requested it from work and pensions,)  you will be surprised the lies and rubbish they will write. My assessor seemed ok? She wrote the finding of her medical examination in depth 20%this and that , but didn't even do a examination?? Just asked me questions. I am disgusted and totally broken. been receiving DLA for 10 yrs. Now will lose this and blue badge, devistated.
  • ShlblyShlbly Posts: 124Member Pioneering
    bevt2017 said:
    Hi @Shlbly

    Sounds like you know what your doing and don't intend  to back down, which I think is "awesome".

    I must admit I did want to give up a few times, but I had amazing support from scopes community.

    One thing I did forget to mention.
    The IAS did say that I couldn't prove what went on.
    So I recommend everyone tape there assessments.

    Hi bev2017 not really, have had to have help and pointed in the right direction by people, that’s why it took so long.

    i have wanted to give up literally over the last 19 months since this all began!

    Well my assessor lied blatantly, we were going to tape it but was so anxious about it, we forgot 😕
  • bevt2017bevt2017 Posts: 353Member Pioneering
    Hi @pissedofffromhants

    I agree!
    I started a complaints letter soon after my assessment. It wasn't because I was hoping it would help me with my claim. It was the way I was treated. 

    All I can say is don't give up, that's what they want you to do.
  • bevt2017bevt2017 Posts: 353Member Pioneering
    Hi @Shlbly

    I totally understand, I didn't have it taped either. everyone needs help and support, me included. 

    I've made some good friends on here who support me. We talk all the time (privately).
    Even if it's just about are day and how were doing.

    I've only been going through this since 2016, so I still ask for help.

    Take care of yourself 
    Bev x
  • ShlblyShlbly Posts: 124Member Pioneering
    bevt2017 said:
    Hi @Shlbly

    I totally understand, I didn't have it taped either. everyone needs help and support, me included. 

    I've made some good friends on here who support me. We talk all the time (privately).
    Even if it's just about are day and how were doing.

    I've only been going through this since 2016, so I still ask for help.

    Take care of yourself 
    Bev x
    Hi bevt2017 nice to talk to someone who totally understands, I had an advocate, but they changed the area they are allowed to cover and mines not included, 17 phone calls to find her last year. 

    Nice that you have made friends who support you, I’m lucky enough to have a handful of friends who are amazing. 😊 lost quite a few though when I became really bad in 2007, not really friends though hey?

    Took me till 2010 to get benefits sorted, then in 2012 Atos stopped everything, so not the first time I have been through this, I didn’t ask to be like I am, sick of being sick, especially now with all this again!

    Maybe one day, someone will say enough and stop this torture. Fingers crossed my new claim and complaint letter will have some impact this time.

    you take care too x
  • bevt2017bevt2017 Posts: 353Member Pioneering
    Hi @Shlbly

    My friend on here is the same, hes finding it really hard to find an advocate. (I still don't think he's found one)?
    I've only been dealing with DWP for two years, hes been doing it for 20.

    Like you, my Friends have all disappeared. People I use to work with and go out with have all gone. I make up excuses for them, but
    Like you say there not really true friends.
    It's good you have some friends and they support you. 
     
    I will probably have to deal with ATOS again, in a few years time? but the next time I will be ready.

    I had a meeting not long ago with two men from the Job Centre. The JC had temporarily employed them, to ask disabled people, how DWP and JC can better treat us and what needs to change. 
    I turned up with so much paperwork, they didn't know where to start. I had a lot of help from the community, asking them what they would change .
    I haven't heard anything back yet, but they were also having meetings with other disabled people too.

    Let's hope things do change?
    All the best 
    Bev
  • firefly48firefly48 Posts: 2Member Listener
    Hi all

    I was on DLA  for a long time for mobility and care. First P
    .I.P gave me 0 points throughout. Tribunal gave me standard care and mobility. Two years on I have not had my shoulder or hand operation and now issues with my lower back have worsened. Also now been referred by MCAS to hip surgeon as horrible referred pain from my hip going down to my knee. Walking is horrible use stair lift at home. Filled in review form told them hip now an issue got to have a face to face assessment. Went for pre op for my shoulder which has to have major surgery due to o/arthritis grown two lots of extra bone causing painful issues with tendon
     Can't have it done at the moment hiatus hernia leaking acid into lung which could be dangerous under a general anaesthetic. Wanted me to go to their assessment centre sent me directions measuring the distance everywhere and using the bus. Couldn't be done. Doctor has written letter for home assessment
     
  • bevt2017bevt2017 Posts: 353Member Pioneering
    Hi @firefly48

    Welcome to the community!

    Sometimes I never know what to say.
    Sounds like you have a lot to deal with, without the added stress of an assessment.
    I will say! not all assessments are bad. Some disabled people I know, have said there assessment and assessor was ok.

    If you have a letter from your GP, telling them that you can not make the journey and need a home assessment. 
    They have to arrange for an assessor to do it at your home. (Don't let them bully you). 

    I would also have someone with you, when you have your assessment. ie family, friend advacte someone who knows your disabilitys and how you struggle.

    I didn't have my assessment recorded, so maybe it's something you could look into? 

    I wish you all the best 
    And hope for a good outcome for you.
    Take care
    Bev
  • ShlblyShlbly Posts: 124Member Pioneering
    Hi all just to let you all know, got nowhere with my complaint that CAB wrote, worried sick now about assessment at home on 8th August and no advocate!
  • ShlblyShlbly Posts: 124Member Pioneering
    bevt2017 said:
    Hi @Shlbly

    My friend on here is the same, hes finding it really hard to find an advocate. (I still don't think he's found one)?
    I've only been dealing with DWP for two years, hes been doing it for 20.

    Like you, my Friends have all disappeared. People I use to work with and go out with have all gone. I make up excuses for them, but
    Like you say there not really true friends.
    It's good you have some friends and they support you. 
     
    I will probably have to deal with ATOS again, in a few years time? but the next time I will be ready.

    I had a meeting not long ago with two men from the Job Centre. The JC had temporarily employed them, to ask disabled people, how DWP and JC can better treat us and what needs to change. 
    I turned up with so much paperwork, they didn't know where to start. I had a lot of help from the community, asking them what they would change .
    I haven't heard anything back yet, but they were also having meetings with other disabled people too.

    Let's hope things do change?
    All the best 
    Bev
    Hi Bevt2017
    Two weeks now phoning to try and find an advocate, phoned so many, Mind, Rethink, Power, Seap etc etc and nothing. I know I won’t be able to do this assessment on my own. Have been dealing with the DWP since 2007 and have had enough of them making my MH and disabilities worse. I have it in black and white what a DM said back in 2012 about me, and now they have completely changed that and I have miraculously got better, when I haven’t I have got worse.
    My friends I have got both work so not available to be with me.
    To top it all I got a letter yesterday about the complaint I did over phone and email with CAB, they basically are not doing anything about it, took me 17 months to get that sorted, as had appeals etc plus life going on. Did try to complain the first time Atos stopped all my money back in 2012 and was to unwell and no help to continue.
    I am actually going down hill rapidly at the moment, worrying about this assessment on the 8th August, have asked Doctor 7 times now re letter to support, that was supposed to have gone off with new claim in June, so scared what they might do this time, as money worries now as well, as savings have all gone, (I got compensation for being involved in Operation Yewtree back in 2013), a lifetime of abuse brought out in the open, after not telling anyone all my life. Extensive therapy for three years, twice a week for 18 months one of them.

    Lets hope something becomes of the JC thing, I was one of the people who wrote to Parliament as well.

    Nice to have this to be able to talk about things, as my poor friends must be sick of hearing this all the time, taken over my life it has!!!
    Would be lovely if it would change, but I’m not holding out any hope, government cuts put pay to that.

    take care
    Sheila
Sign in or join us to comment.