If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Attendance allowance

can l claim attendance allowance if my hip revision hasn’t worked and lm in continuous hip and back pain. I have already had two hip replacements foot operations. And now probably knee replacement. I’m 66. Having less mobility everyday can’t wslk longer than 20-30 mins slowly without being in excruciating pain need help washing dressing etc. Would l be eligible for this allowance. 

Replies

• MatildaMatilda Posts: 2,613Member Disability Gamechanger
    Probably.  Look up Attendance Allowance on the gov.uk website.  And phone Age UK helpline.
  • Tricia1912Tricia1912 Posts: 39Member Connected
    Thanks Matilda will do. 
  • Tricia1912Tricia1912 Posts: 39Member Connected
    Hi again l sent off my pip application last week changing from DLA. I had a text today saying they had received my pack and may need an assessment. Is this usual the MAY  need an assessment Do they make a decision on just the application. Or is that the usual wording. Has anyone else had anything like this before?
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Posts: 2,541Administrator Scope community team
    Hello @Tricia1912, it's my understanding that it's just the wording they use. The majority of people do go for assessment, it's quite rare to get a paper-based one I'm afraid. 
    Senior Online Community Officer
    Scope
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 11,985Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    can l claim attendance allowance if my hip revision hasn’t worked and lm in continuous hip and back pain. I have already had two hip replacements foot operations. And now probably knee replacement. I’m 66. Having less mobility everyday can’t wslk longer than 20-30 mins slowly without being in excruciating pain need help washing dressing etc. Would l be eligible for this allowance. 
    I see you've already started the DLA to PIP transfer and are waiting for an assessment for the PIP claim. You can't claim attendance allowance as well as PIP and attendance allowance doesn't have the mobility part.

My advice is to continue with the PIP application. Your DLA will continue until a decisions been made on the PIP.
Sign in or join us to comment.