Attendance allowance — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Attendance allowance

Tricia1912
Tricia1912 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
can l claim attendance allowance if my hip revision hasn’t worked and lm in continuous hip and back pain. I have already had two hip replacements foot operations. And now probably knee replacement. I’m 66. Having less mobility everyday can’t wslk longer than 20-30 mins slowly without being in excruciating pain need help washing dressing etc. Would l be eligible for this allowance. 

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Probably.  Look up Attendance Allowance on the gov.uk website.  And phone Age UK helpline.
  • Tricia1912
    Thanks Matilda will do. 
  • Tricia1912
    Hi again l sent off my pip application last week changing from DLA. I had a text today saying they had received my pack and may need an assessment. Is this usual the MAY  need an assessment Do they make a decision on just the application. Or is that the usual wording. Has anyone else had anything like this before?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Tricia1912, it's my understanding that it's just the wording they use. The majority of people do go for assessment, it's quite rare to get a paper-based one I'm afraid. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    can l claim attendance allowance if my hip revision hasn’t worked and lm in continuous hip and back pain. I have already had two hip replacements foot operations. And now probably knee replacement. I’m 66. Having less mobility everyday can’t wslk longer than 20-30 mins slowly without being in excruciating pain need help washing dressing etc. Would l be eligible for this allowance. 
    I see you've already started the DLA to PIP transfer and are waiting for an assessment for the PIP claim. You can't claim attendance allowance as well as PIP and attendance allowance doesn't have the mobility part.

My advice is to continue with the PIP application. Your DLA will continue until a decisions been made on the PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.