If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

new here hello. need benefit advice esa/jsa/IS

deemdeem Posts: 2Member Listener
Hi im dee. Ive been on esa for few years now. During that period i had a child who will be 3 next month.

Ive had a review come through post. Not been able to face it yet even though im past deadline for sending it back. 

I think they will take me off esa because ive improved in the last year.  Worst case senario; my question is what will they put me on? Will it be IS or jsa or universal credit? Does this depend on the age of my son? 

Thanks in advance

Replies

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Posts: 4,129Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Hi Dee and welcome

Try putting your dtails into one of the online benefit calculators

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Lasian_ScopeLasian_Scope Posts: 660Member Chatterbox
    Hi @deem, I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time with this.

It's hard to face but it is important that you do contact them regarding the review, the process might otherwise become more difficult.

We have some information about ESA and I hope our benefits calculator can help.

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Posts: 2,880Member Brian Blessed
    You will lose ESA because you have gone past the 4 week deadline for returning the form. They won’t “put you” on anything. You will have to make a claim. 
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 6,617Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @deem
    I think what Mike is saying here is that no one will automatically change you onto a different benefit, but that you will have to make a claim yourself.  I hope this helps :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Posts: 2,880Member Brian Blessed
    That’s exactly what I was saying :) but the big concern is that sailing past the deadline means ESA will cease and that makes the whole thing more complex. It’s much better to meet deadlines or get help to do so than to try and FYI things once they’re broken. 
Sign in or join us to comment.