If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Tip for Recording your own ESA assessment.

Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Posts: 338Member Chatterbox
I will be doing this when and if my ESA assessment is due, as I know it's my right.

You can also use this for PIP assessments too just edit the letter below to suit.

My advice and tips on Recording ESA assessments with your own equipment. I know people find it expensive to purchase a dual Tape or CD recorder. It doesn't have to be.

Ive mange to find a few of them on EBAY and purchased both Neal CD recorders for under £200 each and my Neal Cassette 7200 for less than £100 I believe it will be money well spent I've bought 2 Neal 9103 triple Cd recorders and their very easy to setup and use, also in the last few weeks I also purchased a Neal 7200 series cassette recorder, and yes they all work perfect also very easy to use.  They are the make the Police & the DWP also use.

Also another make to look out for is a Coomber 844 dual tape.

Edited to add: You will need to use Boundry mics for these to work properly.

I recommend you write something along the lines of; Remember to add a copy of this statement to record with your ESA50 Form followed up with a letter and with the info below and send it recorded to Maximus.

To whome it may concern. Maximus.

I Mr or mrs xxxxxxxx wish to have my work capability face-to-face assessment recorded and I understand that this will be done by Maximus using dual recording facilities and at no cost to me.

In addition to your recording the assessment I wish to do this myself. I will supply the equipment, a (machine name) and will make two simultaneous recording direct to CD, or Cassette, one of which will be provided to the assessor at the end of the interview.

I trust you can fulfil my request to have my assessment recorded.

Many thanks Mr or Mrs xxxxxxxx plus add National insurance number to the above request.

Some things to also think about. A standard CD will hold 80 minutes of CD quality audio, a cassette tape will record 45 minutes each side a voice recording so that if the interview takes longer than this that you are covered. Take spare CDs or Cassettes.

Secondly, If your bringing this machine (physically) and setting it up (mentally) may be considered as part of the assessment, remember if you OK for this to happen but my advice is get your companion to set it up for you if you suffer the above.

Here is some info that will be recorded on one of my devices.
The data below was recorded on one of my Neal CD recorder.

Here is the metadata backup date stamp. One of the test I did as you can see it's all there.

(Neal 9103 triple Cd recorder. sn190823_20180213T100345_000025Not Configuredsn1908232018-02-13T10:02:482018-02-13T10:02:48 Media Inserted Recording identification sn190823_20180213T100345_000025 allocated 2018-02-13T10:03:45 Recording begins 2018-02-13T10:43:09 Recording ends 2018-02-13T10:43:28 Recording begins 2018-02-13T10:44:01 Recording ends)

I hope that I never have to use them, but if I do I will? Good luck I hope this is useful to some.

Remember we have rights too - not lies.
This Governments gone way to far. Now let's help Debbie Abraham's and help get this sorted and the Conservatives to stop this crap against the disabled. See more of her story's on her tweet page here https://mobile.twitter.com/Debbie_abrahams and let's get behind her and Support her in the fight for the rights of disabled. Together we must fight and we can conquer.

Replies

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Posts: 3,874Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    You can request that they record an ESA assessment with their own equipement
    When your request is granted they are obliged to do so, failure to record is grounds for appeal

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Posts: 338Member Chatterbox
    edited March 3
    @CockneyRebel

I know they have their own equipment? Maximus.

But as I've explained I want and will be using mine, I don't trust theirs. I heard that Members on others sites that have had theirs recorded by the DWP only to find out thier recorded assessment was not recorded and ended up with nothing but a blank Tape or Disc.

So it's best to do it yourself. I trust no-one end of.
    This Governments gone way to far. Now let's help Debbie Abraham's and help get this sorted and the Conservatives to stop this crap against the disabled. See more of her story's on her tweet page here https://mobile.twitter.com/Debbie_abrahams and let's get behind her and Support her in the fight for the rights of disabled. Together we must fight and we can conquer.
  • wilkowilko Posts: 733Member Chatterbox
    Sounds as if you have money to waste, as for DWP pretending to record and nothing on the tape or disc makes it an automatic appeal or a retest. All you have to do is ask to have part of the disc played back while at your accessment or take your personal CD player to listen to on your way home.
    wilko said:
    Sounds as if you have money to waste, as for DWP pretending to record and nothing on the tape or disc makes it an automatic appeal or a retest. All you have to do is ask to have part of the disc played back while at your accessment or take your personal CD player to listen to on your way home.

@wilko It's not about money it's what is right for you, they can be purchased for a few pounds if you look about. Also to note these recorders ive purchased and they are what the DWP use cannot be played back on for playback, so you would have to wait till you got to your car or home, as mentioned above there have been people saying that nothing was recorded on their tape or cd  , again, you say appeal you could but I'm sure you aware of prove it protocol. Long winded? Need I say no more, anyway you have a nice day and thanks for your comments. I'm sure if your are happy in the way you deal with the DWP and your situation for the truth and trust? I certainly don't. 
  • wilkowilko Posts: 733Member Chatterbox
    Anybody buying recording equipment just for PIP or ESA accessments or other interviews that can only record and has no play back facilities must be a cash rich and have plenty of storage space for one off usage. When I have contacted DWP the operator has been able to inform me the date and time I last enquired. I have not needed to record conversations over the telephone or face to face, where do you stop?? Big brother springs to mind.
    edited March 18
    @wilko You and me also agree and my point to big brother is whatching you, so I'm intitled to watch or record them also im incase I may never need them for this purpose

I used to run a busseniss where I needed recording equipment and it is paramount as these was needed as I needed recorded evidence for interviewing purposes and they and I needed it to be recorded for various references and I  purchased then for those reason I also have now kept them just incase,  I know now with ESA and PIP, at present I have not needed them as yet for those reason and may never do as I always have had conclusive backed up evidence for all my ESA PIP cases without any issues and always have had Paper Based assessments only.

But you never know if you might, so yes at the time of buying them maybe more money than sense but now as I have them if I need to make use of them I have them. True where do you stop?? We don't know.
Sign in or join us to comment.