Employment and hearing loss — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Employment and hearing loss

theresa59
theresa59 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2018 in Work and employment
Hi I am SSD and I lost my hearing 3-years ago due to a virus and sepsis so I have only got low to moderate hearing in my left ear .I lost my job last November and I am finding it very difficult to get another job. I don't receive anything  the from benefits system at the moment so there for I cannot get any help from the job plus office until I can claim universal credit. I know I cannot go back into noisy inviroment. I am not dealing with my earning loss very well.l am volunteering at the moment 2 days but I need to find a job but I think I probably need retaining .l've just paid out £90 for a course that is 11 weeks long done 6 weeks still nothing in my folder.l would appreciate any advice you can give me in what I could do. Thank you Theresa        ps : forgot to say its a business and administration course:smile:  

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.