If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What made you choose your username?

whistleswhistles Posts: 1,603Member Brian Blessed
Mine was totally random.
The word whistle came up on the subtitles and I thought yep that's fine. 
Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Replies

• dottydottydottydotty Posts: 287Member Chatterbox
         This is a question I ask myself ,    can I change it to   Waitingforthebrownenvelope     
  • GeniedebsGeniedebs Posts: 62Member Talkative
    Being an amateur genealogist helped me choose my user name.
  • exdvrexdvr Posts: 123Member Talkative
    Being a former professional driver was why I picked mine.   Happy days long gone sadly.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• sdoc94sdoc94 Posts: 138Member Chatterbox
    s = first initial
    doc = abbreviation/nickname of my surname
    94 = year of birth

And there we have it!
    Shady.
  • whistleswhistles Posts: 1,603Member Brian Blessed
         This is a question I ask myself ,    can I change it to   Waitingforthebrownenvelope     
    I still am from the 23 Feb.
  • thespicemanthespiceman Posts: 2,952Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Hello every body I am called the Spiceman because of my interest in Herbs and Spices.

Because I use them for my own well being and health.

This is a subject I will one day discuss in depth.  Besides if I did I am not sure about how far I can explain their uses.  With out infringing the rules by SCOPE.

I had this name for a long time.  Used by a lady from Holland and Barrett who coined the name.

So it stuck.

Since then use it as I have said for al my recipes see my posts.

Take care

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Posts: 4,139Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Pretty obvious
    I am a Cockney and a Rebel LOL

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Posts: 2,928Member Brian Blessed
    Never ever used by d.o.b. in any user name or email etc. It's a recipe for being easily hacked. 

Mine is... my name... plus where I'm from.
    Mike,

Ive always maintained that if you are succeptible to a hacker you shouldnt be on a computer! Lol. 

Ive taught online safety by demonstrating how easily I can hack various networks.

If anyone would be interested in an online safety post i am happy to oblige.
    Shady.
    sdoc94 said:
    Mike,

Ive always maintained that if you are succeptible to a hacker you shouldnt be on a computer! Lol. 

Ive taught online safety by demonstrating how easily I can hack various networks.

If anyone would be interested in an online safety post i am happy to oblige.
    We’re all succeptible to hackers. However, we have some control as to the extent of that and not using your DOB is definitely one small element of that. 
    Yes if you use DOB in passwords you are right there.

Ignoring optional extra security measures is another.
    Shady.
    Using DOB in user names and emails leaves you as vulnerable as you’re basically broadcasting info. people would otherwise struggle to find and simultaneously suggesting yourself as a target as your password won’t be that difficult if so little thought went into the other stuff.
    I would offer every penny I have to someone who could crack any of my accounts lol.
    Shady.
    Hmm, given my general IT and network engineering qualifications I'm not sure that's a challenge you want to issue :)
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Posts: 4,139Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Or maybe you don't have many pennies :)

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Government_needs_reformGovernment_needs_reform Posts: 512Member Chatterbox
    I chose mine because it had a certain ring to it and what it stands for? and is very appropriate meaning for our Government, and I reckon most of you will also agree why I chose it.

G.A.Joke :D

URGENT response,
    To all Scope members the Mirror newspaper needs yours and our help NOW

Stop the migration and rollout of Universal Credit and replace it with a fairer system
    • Redesign UC to be fit for purpose
    • Axe it in favour of the old system if UC is unfixable
    • Introduce a brand new system
    Sign our petition to stop the rollout of Universal Credit across Britain and to replace it with a fairer system.
    Please Sign the Mirror's petition in the link below
    https://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-mp-stop-the-rollout-of-universal-credit-and-replace-it-with-a-fairer-system
    "Universal Credit is cruel far beyond austerity - and it's becoming Theresa May's Poll Tax" says former prime minister Gordon Brown
    Pretty confident due to Computing and IT being the degree I hold. Lol.
    Shady.
    Hello every body I am called the Spiceman because of my interest in Herbs and Spices.

Because I use them for my own well being and health.

This is a subject I will one day discuss in depth.  Besides if I did I am not sure about how far I can explain their uses.  With out infringing the rules by SCOPE.

I had this name for a long time.  Used by a lady from Holland and Barrett who coined the name.

So it stuck.

Since then use it as I have said for al my recipes see my posts.

Take care

I like using alternatives to conventional medicine.
  • dottydottydottydotty Posts: 287Member Chatterbox

wistles  23 Feb  mine was sent 15 Jan,  still awaiting a decision ,    Alternative medicine yes . and good wholesome food .  if possible  " eat like our Grandparents did "

• Salamka101Salamka101 Posts: 41Member Talkative
    I have to point out in my own defence that my eldest daughter is a linguist. Even at school she passed 7 language GCSE's. Also it was my son and his friends at work who persuaded me to give 'World of Warcraft' a go many years ago. I had to find a name for my character and, being interested at the time in the peninsular wars (Duke of Wellington and all that) I intended to use one of the major battles.
    My daughter suggested Salamka as it was close to Salamanka. She didn't tell me any more than that. It was months later when a Hungarian young lady informed me that in her country a salamka was a small sausage.
    I chose mine because it had a certain ring to it and what it stands for? and is very appropriate meaning for our Government, and I reckon most of you will also agree why I chose it.

G.A.Joke :D
    As was once said, no matter who you vote for, the government always get in.

sdoc94 said:
    So you do realise I hacked you like three hours ago :)
    I guess there is always that risk that the dob on show isn't actually the real one. ;-) 

wistles  23 Feb  mine was sent 15 Jan,  still awaiting a decision ,    Alternative medicine yes . and good wholesome food .  if possible  " eat like our Grandparents did "

I got the decision then. Just received the paperwork today with assessment. 

I miss my grandad. 
  • ColourfullColourfull Posts: 59Member Talkative
    I Chose mine because I love Colourfull walls paint clothes ECT.

Colourfull.
  • susan48susan48 Posts: 2,085Member Brian Blessed
    Mines boring, my name and age 

sdoc94 said:
    So you do realise I hacked you like three hours ago :)
    Yep and pigs can fly. Lol
    Shady.
  • deb74deb74 Posts: 230Member Chatterbox
    i use deb74 because my name is debbie and i was born in 1974. not very imaginative!
  • BarbiesnemesisBarbiesnemesis Posts: 86Member Chatterbox
    I chose mine because I am the total antithesis of a Barbie Doll in looks. I would also like to gather all the Barbie Dolls in the world and put them on a fire. I would watch their faces melt, whilst cackling insanely!!! (please note I am not really a homicidal maniac, honestly)
    Never been into dolls personally, matchbox cars yep.
  • BarbiesnemesisBarbiesnemesis Posts: 86Member Chatterbox
    @whistles matchbox cars are nice and friendly but dolls, well, I can't say I'm into them either - hehe
  • itsafeethingitsafeething Posts: 17Member Whisperer
    Mine itsafeething is my bow page on face book and cause fee is short for Fiona.
  • MKMaleMKMale Posts: 15Member Whisperer
    I'm in Milton Keynes hence the MK and I'm male which is why I'm MKMale
  • shaziershazier Posts: 82Member Talkative
    iv tried to change mine but cant, think its pretty obvious what my name is but why i put the ier on the end i dont know, 
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 4,937Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @shazier, if you get in touch at [email protected] and let us know what you'd like it changing to, we can do this for you!
  • shaziershazier Posts: 82Member Talkative
    Possibly a homage to Hozier? lol
    Shady.
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Posts: 2,328Member Brian Blessed
    Personally I dont know why folk are going into detail explaining why they chose their username and breaking it down into facts if they are actual facts. I thought the idea of a username added a level of anonimity or else we would just use our real names, no? I think the post is done in a lighthearted way and possibly not done to encourage folks to share real name, dob or location, no? Gentlemen please put your weapons away, or err computer mouses lol

I am a fibrowarrior!
    It's lighthearted fun yes. I think it says when joining sites not to use your real name.

• debbiedo49debbiedo49 Posts: 2,328Member Brian Blessed
    The rules

I am a fibrowarrior!
  • fishingmumfishingmum Posts: 565Member Chatterbox
    mine is simple I fish and am female lol
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
Sign in or join us to comment.