Central heating temperatures. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Central heating temperatures.

exdvr
exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
What temperatures do you set your central heating at?  I have "set and forget" programmable controllers which I have set to different temperatures for various times of the day.  My settings vary from 19 to 22 degrees C.   What say others?

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @exdvr   Pleased to meet you.  Welcome. I have on the wall in my hall a temperature dial which I click on to .  This activates the boiler and the heating.

All very Heath Robinson who ?  Some of us who are a certain age.  Heath Robinson was an illustrator who made cartoons and drawings of fantastic inventions.  Methods to simple things.  Such powering water, boiling eggs.  Cooking, rather brilliant have a look.

All I get is a lot of clanking and whirring then it is heat, I am totally scared of the boiler and system.

Had pressure go a few times then no water.  What irks me is no one showed me how to operate heating.  Found had to use boiler turn knobs all sorts of trouble.  Then this guy who serviced it showed me.

Still worry every morning.

It is off now.  Mornings really cold.  I live on the top of a hill into a valley.  On as I can really just mornings.  Turn it off all day and evenings couple hours.

Beside always turn off heating least hour or more before when sleeping .  Too hot or warm can effect my sleep.

I just worry about costs as always whatever I do.

Thank god for the Spicemans Winter Warmers and other sensational delights see my posts  Also excellent recipes and ideas from my friend @Victoriad

Thank you

Take care nice to have met you.
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    We have a minimum default setting of 12 degrees
    It is more economic to keep the fabric of your home warm rather than try to heat from cold

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    it depend but last week when we had that horrible weather my heating was ticking over at about 10-15 during the day just to keep the chill of and then i turned it up to between 18 and 20 in the evening
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    I must be a genuine hothouse plant because my house is never cooler than 20c nor warmer than 22.5c throughout the year.  It really is a set-and-forget system and is amazingly economic to run.  Maybe the fact that our home is only 5 years old, fully double glazed and is superbly insulated helps but I see no sense in living like an Eskimo.  [No insult intended to anyone].    Best wishes.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• janejr
    janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    I put mine on as soon as I get up and set it on 21. It's on all day and I switch it to 19 if I get to hot. Then it's on of an evening  21_22 until 9pm so my bedroom stays warm. I also have a hot blanket which help with pain but switch that off just before going to to sleep. Got to say I'm dreading my fuel bills I know they going to be huge but can't tolerate the cold as it makes pain worse 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.