If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Council Tax Reduction (CTR) scheme end

Quackkers3Quackkers3 Posts: 11Member Listener
edited March 2018 in Finances and extra costs
My local council's CTR scheme has been ended. They did a consultation where I gave my opinion opposing the scheme, and I also saw my MP who said he was going to try squash it. He must have been successful as got a letter saying will have to pay, don't know how much yet though. This on top of the SMI debacle is causing me a lot of stress. I know council tax is a priority debt, but what do I do if I can't afford it? I've just had my PIP daily living and mobility increased, but I need to raise £5,000 and then pay out all my mobility component for a wheelchair I need. Every time my mortgage rate goes up by 0.25% the payment goes up around £3 a month, and they keep saying it's going to go up again. I'm dreading my winter and gas bill cos I know I used 2-3 times what I did last year because it's been so cold since October, and I've been unwell for all but 2 weeks since then. I am scared that I'm not going to be able to afford the bill. For me the priority is getting the wheelchair so I can get out of the house, but I don't think they will see it like that. Any advice please?

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.