SMI Petition to stop changes to Mortgage interest payments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SMI Petition to stop changes to Mortgage interest payments

Options
myfriend1
myfriend1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Good afternoon, you may be aware of changes that the government is making to SMI mortgage interest  payments which affect mainly pensioners and the disabled which I find to be totally unfair and discriminates the all ready most vulnerable among us.  I have stated the below petition and would be grateful if it could be shown on you site and if you could help it get more exposure.
Kind Regards Patricia
Dear friends,

I just started the petition "Stop changes to Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI)"  and wanted to ask if you could add your name too.

This campaign means a lot to me and the more support we can get behind it, the better chance we have of succeeding. You can read more and sign the petition here:

Thank you!

Patricia

P.S. Can you also take a moment to share the petition with others? It's really easy – all you need to do is forward this email or share this link on Facebook or Twitter: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-changes-to-support-for-mortgage-interest-smi

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.