If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

No one claiming carers for me.

sallylucysallylucy Posts: 12Member Connected
I am on Pip care component, but have no one claiming carers for me, my son was, but he isn't able to provide care, has anyone any ideas please.

Replies

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Posts: 5,256Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sallylucy

You cannot claim carers for yourself and the requirement is that a carer gives 35hrs per week. What is not clear is the type of care that needs to be given, it could be physical, support or a mixture. depending on your needs.

Do you claim any other benefit ?
    If you have an IR element you may be entitled to premiums

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sallylucysallylucy Posts: 12Member Connected
    Cockney rebel I recieve the LWRCA element of UC.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 17,680Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    If you're talking about the Severe Disability Premium because no one claims Carers Allowance for you then unfortunately those premiums aren't paid with Universal Credit.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.