Funding for a course whilst on universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Funding for a course whilst on universal credit

Options
Springtime18
Springtime18 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
edited March 2018 in Work and employment
Hi I'm on Universal credit and pip i get enhanced living and I'm waiting for reconsideration for my mobility which is currently in standard, I was on dla which entitled me to a mobility car which was taken away due to pip, I've recently reapplied as my condition has worsened and my depression has worsened. I am not working currently I suffer with psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis and depression, I hold a master degree in social work, I'd like to career change my career but continue to use my skills I've developed over the years. I was feeling positive last month and asked universal credit if I could get funding for a course to get me into work, I was told I could only get funding at entry level, which is no good to me with a master degree. I've tried applying for other jobs but my confidence is at an all time low, how can I get funding for my career change?

Comments

• Zaid_Alumni
    Zaid_Alumni Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Springtime18
    It is very tricky trying to secure funding for education and self-development past entry level. Funding sources do exist though. A good place to start searching for funding would be the grants search function on the Turn2Us website:

https://grants-search.turn2us.org.uk/

There are many different charitable organisations here, it is worth registering and using their search filters to see if there is an organisation that might be able to help you change career. I hope this helps.

Zaid
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.