Disability news
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
An update on my pip process came through the letterbox this morning in a large brown envelope.
yes the long awaited report.
apparently on the assessors report I have 6 points for daily living and 12 for mobility.
bearing in mind I have uncontrolled epilepsy and a back injury.
im not calling the nurse a liar as she seems quite a nice person but her award points contradict the reason.
apparently I have points because I can’t wash the lower part of my body and yet I can dress the lower part so no points. The list goes on....
i have contacted our local disability solutions centre and left a message, they will contact me back soon.
however I shall sit down and highlight points that I disagree with.
could I telephone the DWP decision team to point out why I disagree with the report or wait until final decision.
At least I have something so can afford to keep fighting on

Replies

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Community champion Posts: 5,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi lillybelle

Yes you have a small window to ring and discuss your concerns with a DM before the decision is made

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    So do I just telephone the pip helpline of the DWP and ask to speak to a decision maker?
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 458 Pioneering
    I shall be sitting down on Monday with a cuppa plus biscuit tin and going through that report with a fine tooth comb.
    atm I’ve gone on a little break for the weekend with hubby to clear my head and de- stress
    but I would like to hear of anybody who is/ was in my situation and did they manage to get anywhere with the decision
  • whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,603 Disability Gamechanger
    Washing would be due to the water and the added risk with that. 
    So with seizures its not considered safe to shower/ bath be around water on your own.
    I would score you points for that even if you could/ couldn't. 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
Sign in or join us to comment.