Coping with Depression, Disability and now being a Bi — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Coping with Depression, Disability and now being a Bi

Westonturner
Westonturner Community member Posts: 11 Courageous
edited March 2018 in Coffee lounge
Who would believe such a mess, since joining here a few days ago I feel I have people I can open up with and chat about things that I ha e not chatted to anyone else about. I think a lot of my clinical depression is down to not knowing who I am properly, I knew I was different but in my day you couldn' mention it. I can' even mention outside this forum . I am bi there is no two ways about it and I think this is getting the point where I need to do something because I can' carry on like this pretending. I' not even sure this is the right place to even mention such  a thing, but in my head it' in there and won' budge 

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Westonturner and welcome to the community.

Depression is very high in the LGBT community for many reasons, so please be assured that you are not alone in this. 

Acknowledging your own sexuality is an important start in doing something about it. However if you are planning on acting on your urges there are obviously some other issues for you to consider. Not least the effect it would have on your family if it came out. Also practising safe sex. 

If you are seeing someone concerning your depression I would recommend talking to them about this before going forward, it would make sense to do so if it is the cause of your depression. If not ask your doctor if you can be referred to a therapist. 

You can see if there are any support services or community groups near you at Stonewall http://www.stonewall.org.uk/help-advice/whats-my-area If you cannot find something suitable local Stonewall have a free support line number who will try and help you, the number is on the link.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Westonturner
    Westonturner Community member Posts: 11 Courageous
    @Geoark many many thanks 
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    @Westonturner

I have sent you a private message. Depending on your notification settings you may get it in your email, alternatively scroll to the top, on the right hand side is is a box with your picture in it, with 4 icons underneath. Click on the second one from the left to read it.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.