Verbal abuse from my son — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Verbal abuse from my son

Options
impington7
impington7 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have a 37 year old son ,who has learning disabilities I'm not well myself and I keep getting verbal abuse from my son should I ignore him

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @impington7 and welcome to the community. Please accept my apologies for not being able to respond sooner.
    I am going to 'name drop' a special lady here to make her aware of your post as soon as possible, and I have no doubt that @ParentingAdvisorVikki will be in touch with you soon.
    Is anyone currently supporting you with your son's behaviour? 
    Please be confident that this is a safe place and that you are among friends here. Whatever experiences you have had or are going through, whatever your troubles are or have been, you will almost certainly find people here who have experienced something similar, who care and can empathise with you. Don't hesitate to talk to us, to ask us questions or to tell us anything about yourself. The better we get to know you and how you feel, the more easily we may find ways to help you.

Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

• ParentingAdvisorVikki
    ParentingAdvisorVikki Community member Posts: 45 Connected
    Options
    Thanks Richard

Hi @impington7 welcome and thank you for your post. I know it can be difficult to ask for help sometimes, so well done for asking.

First of all, I’d like to say that if you ever feel like you are in immediate danger do not hesitate to call 999. I know you may feel guilty about doing this but for your safety and the safety of your son, it is the best option. 

Do you or your son get any external support? Wether it be from a local group or social services? 

In terms of ignoring him I would say that it would depend on the circumstances of the situation. Like I said earlier, 999 if you are unsafe. 

I can can help you put in a referral for addition support for both you and your son. If you’d like me to just shoot me a message. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.