Reduced my neurological pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reduced my neurological pain

Options
SMURF1949
SMURF1949 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I suffer with neurological pain. I have been taking Gabapentin 400mg x3  x3 times daily. I recently had to stop because they have started to affect my kidneys. I was recommended CBD oil for pain. I sent for some cbda + cbd 3%.cold pressed. I started with 2 drops ( 300 drops per bottle ) and have gradually increased to 5 drops 3 times daily. I am now virtually pain free.  The only thing I would say is I made sure to buy from a reputable company, one which is regulated. The FB page CBD oil users UK has some really good friendly advice. Good luck.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SMURF1949, and welcome to the community! Great to have you here.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I do have to remind anybody who may be reading this to consult your own GP or a medical professional involved in your care when it comes to making decisions about pain relief or treatment. However, thanks for sharing this and great to hear you've found something that works for you! 
  • CB12
    CB12 Scope Member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Hi Smurf, 
    Thank you for this, I am really interested in the CBD oil, I have heard some really good things about this.  As someone who has taken co-codamol and pregabalin for 6 years now without the desired pain-free outcome I am keen to know the long-term effects and whether the initial pain relief is still there longer term. 
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Smurf 
    Ditto the others.
    Really need something that works. 
    Im on morphine and codine neither kill the pain just makes me sleep in the middle of day and awake at night 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.