If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Chronic pain and diagnosis

SystemSystem Posts: 399 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Fibromyalgia, severe pain in neck and legs.

Replies

• jdjeanjdjean Posts: 4Member Listener
    Hi I've suffered with chronic pain for over 2 years now ,had x-rays ,scans nothing shown up ,on medication gabapentin and co-codamol been to a pain management clinic where I was told that if she could diagnose me she would do it as everything I told her ticked the boxes for Fibromyalgia,ive got a appointment booked with my GP to talk to him about getting a diagnosis I also have COPD and I'm pre-diabetic also suffer from depression/anxiety  so fingers crossed I finally get the diagnosis. X
  • elsabellelsabell Posts: 9Member Listener
    Ask your doctor to refer you to a rheumatologist although there isn't a test for fibro there is points on the body where with someone with fibro its painful and not to others without fibro after a lot of testing etc I have me and fibromyalgia but although the neurologist suspected I had fibro as well as the me it was the rheumatologist that confirmed it .x
  • btcraft1btcraft1 Posts: 3Member Listener
    The Rheumatologist diagnosed my ME and Fibro 11 yrs ago. I'm on numerous medications, but still my pain is not under control.  Good luck in getting your diagnosis. X
  • Angiebabes2410Angiebabes2410 Posts: 70Member Courageous
    Pain is the worse feeling in the world but to not even have a diagnosis cant be easy. I have 2 slipped disks over 20 years ago and the pain is worse all the time they yold me i also have arthritis diabetes and other problems. They now realise i have depression which is hardly surprising xx im here if you ever want to chat 
  • zorozoro Posts: 66Member Courageous
    I manage to stay upbeat.
    I have no idea how.
    I too have COPD but not to bad at the moment.
    One thing I've learned over the years recently is it is impossible to become pain free.
    If you live with a condition/conditions that cause you pain you may be able to relieve it lessen it now and then but you have to accept that pain is going to be your companion all the time now.
    Western medicine is clever stuff when it comes to heart operations and all the really big stuff but it's pretty rubbish at dealing with pain and disabilities on the whole plus it is very toxic.

My homemade music .....   thirty odd tunes ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 64Member Courageous
    I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in October 2015, it's a truly rotten condition. My heart goes out to you. 
Sign in or join us to comment.