Hi, esa wrong payments. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, esa wrong payments.

krisg910
krisg910 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
So back in 2013 I was moved from incapacity benefit to esa and awarded £112 per week for cons based esa. I have recently been made aware that I should have been on income related esa and should also have been paid premiums ext being in the support group and middle rate dla/pip. I have been on the phone constant for 3 weeks. They are reassession my  claim at the momoment but I think I may need representation to get what I should have been entitled to. 

Any advice would be appreciated 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi krisg and welcome

The DWP are looking at all claims that might be affected. Currently the back payments that have been made are only from 21 Oct 2014 following a UTT ruling.

I do think it is a bit of a waiting game but should be cleared up within 2 years. You could try the CAB for further advice

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.