Duplicate Chromosome 15 Syndrome — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Duplicate Chromosome 15 Syndrome

Options
misscj92
misscj92 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my names is Conor,
My son has a rare chromosome disorder called, Duplicate Chromosome 15 Syndrome. He got diagnosed with this when he was 2 years old, he has now been diagnosed with ADHD and Dyspraxia. He is currently still undergoing tests for Autism also.
Has anyone else or their children got this duplicate chromosome?
Trying to find other people to relate to, as there are no support groups for the condition in my area.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @misscj92, and welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us. I've had a look through our database and there doesn't seem to be anybody who has mentioned Duplicate Chromosome 15 Syndrome on the community before. Would you like to tell us some more about it?

I'll tweet this out and feed back any responses, but in the meantime you may like to chat with @greenworried who has also discussed their experiences with a rare chromosome condition in the past. 
  • samanthawilliams
    samanthawilliams Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hello @misscj92 I came across your question via Twitter. Have you heard of Unique for rare chromosomes. My daughter has a deletion on chromosome 19 and we are part of their worldwide group, local group and a group for 19 chromosome. There is a group for 15 chromosome which I am sure you would benefit from. It's a fantastic community. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @samanthawilliams! Thank you for sharing this with us, it sounds like a really great support system. Hopefully it will be of use to @misscj92 as well! 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @misscj92, how are you?

I was just going through some previous discussions and I found this past discussion about chromosome 15 which you may like to have a look at! It's from a couple of years ago but in case @Mazda or @Hillers sees this, maybe you would like to chat?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.