Medical Assessment. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical Assessment.

Options
Annabelle26
Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
I received a letter a couple of weeks ago asking me to go for a F2F Assessment last Wednesday 14th March for my ESA.  It really freaked me out because of my PIP problems.  When I felt better I contacted my MP to see if he could do anything to stop the review at least until my PIP is resolved as I am worried having already lost my DLA because I am apparently not disabled enough to receive PIP if I lose my ESA as well I will basically have no money apart from a small pension which does not even cover my bills.  He could not get the appointment cancelled but I could not go anyway because I had a stomach bug.  When I rang up to cancel the appointment the person I spoke to was helpful but could not cancel it as I had already used my appointment change.  He did note on my record that I was ill. Maybe the DWP expected me to wear several pairs of knickers & tie a bucket round my neck whilst I was on the bus.  I have now received the form asking why I did not go.  I have filled it in with the truth & it is ready to be posted Monday.  I am still waiting for a Tribunal date for my PIP hearing & am really struggling financially.  My MP has said he will write a letter of support when I get a Tribunal date.  He is also still working on getting my ESA Review cancelled.  The DWP also sent me a form telling me my pension is going up & want me to send the form back within 2 weeks.  As I have not even heard from my pension provider I like to know how they know about the increase?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Annabelle

It can be really difficult having to deal with both at the same time but it is goood that you have your MP on your side
    Can you get in touch with your pension provider for an update ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.