Endometriosis and work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Endometriosis and work

marie789
marie789 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2018 in Work and employment
Hi all,

I am new to this community. I am just looking for a bit of advice in regards to work and my condition.

I have suffered with endometriosis for many years but was only officially diagnosed in 2016 via laparoscopy. I  have been in constant pain for a very long time which was affecting my mobility.  I am currently off work again while I recover from my 2nd laparoscopy surgery to remove the endometriosis (again).

I am just wondering if there's any support for me when it comes to work? I know when I go back I will have a review of my absence and they will place a sanction against me although this was a planned surgery.

I also have aspergers and am currently stressing myself out by obsessing over what is going to happen when I go back to work. I struggle in these absence meetings as I get worked up I get upset or can come across quite defensive. I don't want to lose but I feel its a bit unfair I get sanctioned when my absence is due to a condition that is incurable and out of my control.  I manage it best I can and never take time off work if my pain is bad etc I go to work.

Is there anything that can support me in my meeting? I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thank you

M x

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.