PIP and ESA WRAG — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and ESA WRAG

abbashaz
abbashaz Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Hello,

My mum receives £73.10 for ESA WRAG.

Is she entitled to any further premiums due to her PIP or income related ESA? Because of her PIP, if she goes on JSA she'll receive more as they give a disability premium whereas ESA don't? Really confusing.

Thanks.

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi abbashaz
    I would check with DWP as esa Wrag group does entitle you to certain premiums but it depends on whether you are on income related or contribution related esa as the premiums differ slightly.It also depends on the rate of pip as to whether she qualifies for the severe disability premium.
         Debsidoo.x
  • abbashaz
    abbashaz Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    1) Is she on means-tested ESA? There are no premiums if she’s only on contributory ESA.

2) Is she a post April 2017 claimant? If so then there’s no amount fir being in the WRAG.

3) Is she in the WRAG or is she a new claimant on assessment rate?
    she's on means tested ESA

yes we made an application 3 months ago

she's currently on the assessment rate, but I'm 100% sure that she'll get the WRAG rather then the support. Currently deciding whether I'll be ready to put my energy into appealing haha.

thanks!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.