Hi, my name is angel63! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is angel63!

Options
angel63
angel63 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi 
My name is maria,I have c.p ckd stage 4 an artificial bladder and fibro amongst my many health conditions,I also suffer depression and i have acute chronic pain for which I have to have morphine.
I am on top rate p.i.p and esa I live alone but my daughter in law is my carer, it would be great to hear from people who understand what it's like to exsist like this??to be honest I try to be happy and outgoing but some days like today it would help if I could talk to others who understand how hard life can be at times, ive lost both my parents in the last two years my dad passed 4th Feb, so I've been pretty down hope you don't think I'm whinening 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Maria, @angel63, and a warm welcome to the community. I am very glad you have found us.
    Do I understand correctly from 'c.p ckd' that you have polycystic kidney disease?
    You certainly seem to have far more than your fair share of problems and you're already a hero to me just for managing to get by.
    I think I'd recommend you having a look at our 'Dealing with chronic pain' thread here: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/chronicpain to begin with. You will find a lot of other members who will understand and sympathise with some of what you are going through.
    Anxiety and depression are major issues confronted by many in our community, and I have no doubt that others will be along to chat with you about this in the very near future. I'm going to do something I don't normally do and 'name drop' some brilliant members who will then become more aware that your post is here. @Victoriad@Waylay, @PippaScope
    I hope some of this helps. And, of course, I know a bit about anxiety and depression myself, so don't hesitate to get back to me if you would like to chat, rant or whatever :)
    Here and listening,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @angel63, and welcome to the community! Great to have you here. Do let us know if we can be of any assistance: our parents and carers category may be of particular interest to you.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.