Moving from one Trust to another — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moving from one Trust to another

Options
veriterc
veriterc Community member Posts: 241 Pioneering
edited April 2018 in Coffee lounge
If you are moving house - think very carefully.
I have just moved from London to Oxfordshire.  Ater three months of frustration, my advice is if you are thinking of doing this, as soon as you have an address to move to, go and stay with friends or even in an hotel, and sign on with your local GP.  
I didn't - and write about massive problems on https://aftercancers.com/joined-up-care/
Money I was saving to buy things for my new home has been spent on private physio - necessary after polio and massive complications from cancer treatment.  I depended on this  to keep mobile, but three months on, I still haven't even got an appointment for my first physio session;  luckily private physio in Oxford is superb, but why should I have to pay out when Jeremy Hunt promises a seamless transfer?  Well, truth is it doesn't happen - so try and get as much done as you can before you actually move, so that there isn't a blip in care.   

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.