Volunteer work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Volunteer work

Options
peach72
peach72 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I have a 30 yr old brother who has ADHD and mild autism he still lives at home with our mum he’s on medication for depression and I’m looking for ways to get him out of the house and possibly some volunteer work? When he was younger he had someone who came and took him out and did volunteer work on a farm which he really enjoyed but there doesn’t seem to be any help for him now he’s older. My mum said she’s been to a local advise centre to ask but they told her there’s nothing to offer which I think is a bit strange? Does anyone know of an organisation or charity that can help? Thanks in advance x

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @peach72
    There are volunteering opportunities within Scope you could look at 

And here are some links you could check out:

Where can I find disability-friendly volunteer opportunities?

Disabled people should have the same opportunities to volunteer as anyone else, so search your postcode to find volunteering opportunities in your local area.

If you live in Wales, Volunteering Wales is a great starting point for volunteering opportunities.

Scope has a large number of disabled volunteers supporting our work. We welcome applications from disabled people to all volunteer opportunities available at Scope.

Volunteering Matters works with local organisations and businesses to help disabled people in supported placements in many different work environments such as retail, gardening and hospitals.

Can Do offers exciting opportunities for 16 to 35‑year-old disabled people to volunteer in their community.

Change100 provides internships for disabled students and graduates.

Vinspired has a section of home-based volunteering opportunities if you don't want to travel.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • laurahc__
    laurahc__ Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    Options
    Do-it.org  is also worth a look, it's similar to Vinspired. 
    confessionsofazebra.blog 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Local adult learning team or careers advice should be able to point in right direction. There are usually local or online sites to look for volunteering . Google volunteering and your area. My world of work online has tips on volunteering and finding out about your strengths using questionnaires which can be helpful in choosing a particular pathway. Good luck.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.