No Two-headed Monster — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No Two-headed Monster

Options
LisaHSm
LisaHSm Community member Posts: 10 Listener
As some of you know, I had my PIP assessment at home on Friday. I was very nervous as I had heard so many horror stories from other people about their experiences. Was seen by a male who had been working on A&E before becoming an assessor so he knew quite a lot about disabilities and the affect they have on people. He understood my physical restrictions so didn't make me do any leg tests. When he asked questions he explained what was required. For example, I have a wet room where I can do everything myself. He said that if I had a bath instead, that I would need help, so he wrote down that I do need help and supervision. 
I asked him how my friends were losing their cars, and he said that it was wrong, and shouldn't be happening. We had a good chat about all things PIP related, and he was so nice and approachable and not the scary monster type most other people have seen. I am hoping my claim is sorted soon. I have been told 4 weeks which will tie in with when my next DLA would be due

Comments

• GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    Options
    Let's all hope his comments made by him at your F2F 
    Is reflected in his assessment report to DWP 

:) 
  • romatarot
    romatarot Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    I have read somewhere that it is allowed to record your assessments.  Am I correct?  I believe prior permission can be obtained.
  • ViviB
    ViviB Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I really hope it works out well for you. I too had (what I thought) was a favourable assessment with a very pleasant and knowledgable lady. Unfortunately, the DWP report was completely incorrect and bore no resemblance to the assessment I had. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    romatarot said:
    I have read somewhere that it is allowed to record your assessments.  Am I correct?  I believe prior permission can be obtained.
    Yes you can ask for permission to record an assessment but it is not a legal right.

For PIP, you have to supply your own equipement capable of recording two identicle CD's or cassette tapes. This can be two separate machines, you do not need a twin recorder. New, unopened CD or cassettes should be used. One copy will be given to the assessor at the end

For ESA you can ask for them to record using their own equipement. This can cause a delay and often the eqipement either doesn't work or is mysteriously unavailable on the day/

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hope it goes well. I had a nice honest assessor.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.