My 2nd PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My 2nd PIP assessment

Options
portia13
portia13 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hello all I’m new to scope aged 61 and retired from work nearly 2 years ago due to ill health and would be grateful for some advice.
i have my 2nd PIP assessment next week as I scored 2 points in my last one as was not awarded PIP. Age UK advised me to apply again after 3 months. 
Its a catch 22 situation for me I have various long term health conditions too ill  to continue working but not ill enough to claim any benefits, can’t even get my state pension until a day after my 66th birthday. 
at my last assessment the assessor told me she had been a paediatric nurse for many years ? How can a paediatric nurse have any understanding of mental ill health, and physical health needs in adults ? She was unsympathetic very abrupt and made me wait 40 minutes over my appointment time before she seen me. 
When I received a copy of my assessment there was quite a lot of information omitted that I had given her about how my health needs impacted greatly  on my every day living. Even commented I was able to walk to the interview room and I engaged with her answering her questions ? So if I didn’t answer questions how could she continue to assess me ??
My query or concern is if I get the same assessor ? And if so can I request a different person ? 
Thanks 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi portia and welcome

It is unlikely that you would be able to request a different assessor

It is important to understand the points system, descriptors and criteria for an award
    Have a look at the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • portia13
    Options
  • Norton2018
    Norton2018 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    Hello Portia .. I have just read Yr comments and ABSOLUTELY Agree..I am just about the same position . I am 51..born disabled and have other chronic illnesses.. The assessor was an ex Staff Nurse.. Hadn't heard of.. Polands SYMDROME. One of my birth defects.. No idea about. Suicidal feelings.. Like yourself.. Said I could understand a question and answer without anxiety... If was hilarious . I have.. Unfortunately had severe depression and anxiety since the birth of my second son.. He's Now 21 as a result of my mum dying 6  weeks after. Then my dad took his own life..I've had breast reconstruction.. X 12 ops.. Barely walk due to osteoarthritis and Periformis syndrome . I was a Health care assistant for 9 years.. Know more than the.. DECISION MAKERS.. it is utterly ridiculous for these folks to be allowed to have such a major impact on one's life.. I'll have to move.. Have no car.. Equals.  HOUSEBOUND as boys work away. No family.. Got higher rate motability 4 years ago.  I am 10 times worse.. Got 0...
    Obto tribunal for me.. I wish you look.. And I would DEFINITELY ask to see another interviewer.. It's unacceptable for this nightmare pip to be brought in.. Let alone been treat with no respect and have no patience with folk... Good luck 
  • portia13
    Options
    So sorry Norton

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.