Bare disability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bare disability

Options
disabledkevin
disabledkevin Community member Posts: 35 Courageous

I keep reposting my 1 2 1 performance because I find people are really reluctant to attendMy masters research if u r in Plymouth the next 3 weeks pm book a performance.... to book message or email me, please!

Bare disability.

Hello, I'm Kevin. I’m a contemporary dancer and life model. I’m disabled, with a speech problem.

I'm sitting on my knees behind this door, out of my wheelchair.

My spelling board, which I use with my nose, iPad, and a rucksack are also in the space.

Lastly, I am nude.

Why am I occupying this space?

When I'm out alone in my wheelchair, I can appear unapproachable, uncommunicative, overwhelming or all of the above!

I'm also aware that most people don't ever come into contact with severe disability.  People with severe disability are rarely by other human touch and non-disabled people very rarely experience a disabled body nude, in a one to one, imitate space.

Even artists who use life models have difficulty drawing me.

I am exploring what you think of me; a disabled person, a person, a body, an imperfect body, ugly body, beautiful body, lacking emotion, fully emotional, repulsive to touch, tactile?

Please come in, stay as long as you want, from 1 minute to 2 hours.. . . , It is up to you what you do!

Maybe watch me, draw me, ask me to move around, voice your feelings out loud -whatever they are - to yourself or to me, sing, take pictures, explore my rucksack, wear a glove to explore my body and them without a glove. sit, share the space or silence, talk to me, chat, touch me, hold me, feel me, join me nude or anything else; you decide.

Afterwards, in your time, if you are able, please express how this experience was for you. By any means. 5 or 5000 words, a drawing, a photo, a song, a mood, a colour, your emotion/s, anything that you conveys an essence of some aspect of your visit or the whole experience; uncomfortable, comfortable, frightening, enlightening, anything. 

To share your experience after you leave. 

Although I may refer to your response in my research, you will be very anonymous unless you express the wish to be named.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.