Looking for a disability friendly job — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking for a disability friendly job

RachelJoseph
RachelJoseph Community member Posts: 2 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, we are the Employment Advisors, ask us a question.

Comments

• RachelJoseph
    RachelJoseph Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited March 2018
    Hi,

I am Rachel I want to find a Admin job. I suffer from Parkinson. Hands and legs shake....so cant walk long distances. Happy to sit and do a desk job. I am in croydon. I want a disability friendly company / Employer list . Then I can perhaps approach them as ask for a 4 to 6 weeks of unpaid work trail. This would give me work experience (Admin job, Hr Assistant job). When the tablets dont work the hand shake looks scary. Sooner or later the tablet does kick in. Then i do maximum then. How do i get a advisor to help me. There has to be something I am missing. I cant see why its taking me so long to find work. Thank you.

Rachel

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @RachelJoseph, and welcome to the community!

Our employment advisors will be in touch soon, but in the meantime you may be interested in Scope's Support to Work scheme.
  • Zaid_Alumni
    Zaid_Alumni Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Hi @RachelJoseph it sounds as if you could really benefit from joining Scope's Support to Work service.

We will be able to support you with sourcing a work trial if needed, approaching employers, disclosing a disability and lots more practical advice and assistance.

Register with us here: Support to Work and one of our coordinators will be in touch! We look forward to getting your referral soon. 

Zaid
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.