Eventful day at tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Eventful day at tribunal

rhino1
rhino1 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
Wow that's was stressful  but got the results that I had hoped for and was awarded enhanced in both cats. The panel was very professional and asked questions at my speed and they were happy for me to consult my notes if necessary. They didn't give any indication at all during the meeting and my wife went back into the room for their decision as it was a distance from the waiting room back to theirs. Thank you all so much for your invaluable advice and whilst it is a difficult process I found this on line community so helpful. I can now rest a while before having to begin again in three years. Many thanks again.

Comments

• cobra
    cobra Community member Posts: 36 Pioneering
    @rhino1
    Congratulatons on your victory at the tribunal. Unfortunately I’d relented to my health issues and accepted ‘standard’ rate on care and ‘enhanced’ rate on mobility prior to my tribunal.

Cobra
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @rhino1, thanks so much for sharing and congratulations!
  • rhino1
    Hi cobra.     I would have jumped at that settlement as well ..  I've learned a lot going through all the hoops it seemed to take over my life for the last year  regards .Rhino1
  • cobra
    cobra Community member Posts: 36 Pioneering
    rhino1 said:
    Hi cobra.     I would have jumped at that settlement as well ..  I've learned a lot going through all the hoops it seemed to take over my life for the last year  regards .Rhino1
    I’d been exhausted going through the hoops and my GP had also noticed. As someone who’s had 17 op’s and on equivalent of 29 tablets + 2 heavy dosages of insulin I just didn’t have the strength to carry on. I’ve also had 3 injections in my right eye and have been told I’ll need 2 more so it’s been a rough ride to say the list.
    Previously for the last 12+ years I had HRM HRC - indefinitely so I’ll be taking a big hit, financially. 
    Regards and God Bless @rhino1

@Cobra
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Congratulations rhino1
    well done.Time to relax and recuperate.
      Debsidoo.x
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Really pleased for you, @rhino1
  • GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
  • Tricia1912
    Tricia1912 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    rino1 Well done a good result. Glad it was worth it even though draining and stressful. But satisfying. Again Welldone. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news rhino thanks for a positive post

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • rhino1
    Hi folks .  This is just a reassurance message to anybody having to go through the pitfalls and ups and downs of the pip tribunal. I was very surprised at the helpful nature and advice given to me after the decision had been made regarding courses which may be helpful to my condition, such as pain management courses, O.T. therapy and aqua physio classes so will be seeing the doctor to get these sorted out. Whilst, with hind sight and getting our desired outcome, I do believe that the panel dealt with me fairly and they proved to be helpful and patient so don't be too stressed out, and certainly persue your claim because it is important to you.  Good luck to you all. Best regards, Rhino.
  • sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    I am so happy for you. This is so good to hear and has really cheered up my mood today. Yes have a good rest and plan some pleasant things for you and your family to get over this ordeal you have all been through. Thank god there are some decent tribunals in this abusive system. Absolutely fantastic.   
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @rhino1 Pleased for you welcome and pleased to meet you.  Positivity good excellent.

I have read your post you seem like me getting knockbacks but succeeding in the end.  Understand whether ESA or PIP assessments you never ever give up.

I say to every one you have to fight be strong and battle and have courage.  I always said to my self I want to be a winner chicken dinner sorry had to get food in there some how.

I had a support worker last year I am here to fight for you.  She and me launched our selves on the unsuspecting assessor.  Never knew what hit that assessor.  Round 1 ding a ling the bell sounded we were off verbal punches.  Said how everything effected me in sharp short sentences.

So after about half hour had enough this assessor lying totally cream on the computer.

This being my own history for twenty years or more plus being told.  One says I am fit 18 months down the line unfit so it goes on.

The exercises can you do this and that..   So many lies and deceit.in the past how they get away with it The end result now on Support Group ESA .  

Pleased to see you after care that is excellent and I hope it works out for you.

Most important thing is to have some one speak for you and at all times if possible be honest and open how bad you are.  On your worse day.

Have gone on my own had no results just get walked over and mistreated.  Must have an advocate or welfare rights or support worker or any body to stand up and fight.

Wish you the best

Am here to listen anytime

The One and Only Spiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Well done. Mine was good as well getting ER in both after zero points from so called HP? After months of stress I came out of the room smiling for a change!
    Hope we encourage others to fight for their rightful benefits.
  • kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
  • rhino1
    Thanks for all the kind comments it feels like a good week happy Easter everybody. Regards rhino1
  • rhino1
    Well done Kevin and you are so right. It is always much easier to speak after the event, and in my case I didn't know what to expect at the tribunal and spent weeks and months just checking on all my details.  I think that not knowing what to expect is the worst thing. I know the feeling of relief when it was all done and in all honesty I am only just beginning to lose that awful stressed feeling! Best regards Rhino1

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.