Missed medical assessment and benefits stopped — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Missed medical assessment and benefits stopped

kerriallott83
kerriallott83 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I missed a medical assesment i didnt receive appointment and when i got letter asking ehy i didn't go i replied and theyve stopped my esa so ive appealed also was in support group have been for 6 years now bur dnt knoe what benefit i can claim whilst waiting for decision to be made as imvon dla still  awaiting p.i.p appointment. Please can someone help me im desperate
kerri

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    First you'll need to check of your area is a full Universal credit area, if it is then you won't be able to claim JSA. If you claim Universal credit then you won't be able to go back onto ESA. Another thing to remember is that if your area is a full Universal credit are and you were claiming ANY of the premiums on top of your ESA then you will lose ALL of these because there aren't paid on Universal credit.

You can check what's in your are by popping your postcode into the link.
    https://ucpostcode.entitledto.co.uk/ucdate

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kerriallott83
    First you'll need to check of your area is a full Universal credit area, if it is then you won't be able to claim JSA. If you claim Universal credit then you won't be able to go back onto ESA. Another thing to remember is that if your area is a full Universal credit are and you were claiming ANY of the premiums on top of your ESA then you will lose ALL of these because there aren't paid on Universal credit.

You can check what's in your are by popping your postcode into the link.
    https://ucpostcode.entitledto.co.uk/ucdate

So i wont be able to go back on esa even ig they overturn the decision? I was told i could claim esa again as long as i claim it for different illness to ones i had on file well i deleveloped new illnesses this past year so can i claim esa for them whilst waiting for decision??
    kerri
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You should be able to claim new  style ESA

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-style-employment-and-support-allowance

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kerriallott83
    Thank you i have just checked thw dwp page and i can claim this until i find out mybdecision thanx so much illnhave to wait till after easter now as nothing open 
    Having good easter and thank you. Also do u kmow what i will expect at the pip asesment  awaiting one at the moment
    kerri
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2018
    New style ESA is for those that have paid enough national insurance contributions in the last 2 tax years. As you've been claiming ESA in Support Group for the past 6 years then you won't be able to claim the New style Contribution based ESA. It will have to be either ESA or UC which ever is in your area. If you claim UC then you won't ever be able to go back onto ESA. As i said above pop your post code into the link i popped up and it will tell you if your area is a full universal credit area. If it is then you'll have to claim that and not ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    If your area isn't a full UC area then you can claim JSA while you wait for a decision on the ESA. On your 2nd JSA appointment take a fit/sick note with you and you can have up to 13 weeks sick on JSA.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Don't they send another appointment anymore? 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • kerriallott83
    If your area isn't a full UC area then you can claim JSA while you wait for a decision on the ESA. On your 2nd JSA appointment take a fit/sick note with you and you can have up to 13 weeks sick on JSA.
    whistles said:

Thats what i thought that i would recieve another appointment i have made a full appeal im not sure how long the decision takes though.
    kerri
  • poppy123456
    whistles said:

No, not if you missed an appointment. If this happens you'll be found fit for work and have to ask for the MR to start with.
  • fiesta56
    fiesta56 Community member Posts: 41 Listener
    My partner didn’t attend first medical so arranged A second appointment now it’s been sent bk dwp because he didn’t attend second letter come asking why he didn’t attend had five days to send it bk Thursday the five days ya up how long do you take to here
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea i'm afraid. It depends on backlog in your area. Have you put the reasons why he didn't attend the assessment and the reasons why he can attend any assessment?
  • fiesta56
    Ye due him not leavening house and anxiety I told them he threatend comit  sucide 
  • fiesta56
    So sick of it all it’s maken me bad with anxiety never mind my partner

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.