Hi, my name is Jontomaz! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jontomaz!

Options
Jontomaz
Jontomaz Community member Posts: 1 Listener
So I've just got comfconfirma that I've failed my ESA assessment... I also claimed housing benefit.. and cold winter payments.... So I'm going to appeal, but I've no idea what to do now.. Do I try JSA? As never had failed benefit assessment... Even though my keyword did most of talking... As I don't understand..... I live in adult services care.... No idea what to do next?

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Jontomaz and welcome to the community. Glad to have you with us.
    I'm not a benefits advisor, so cannot directly answer your questions, but we have experts working here and they will be in touch with you as soon as possible. The weekend/Easter may just slow things down a little, so bear with us and we will get back to you.
    And don't hesitate to be in touch if there is anything more we might be able to do for you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Jontomaz and welcome

Please get trained advice from your key worker, CAB or similar

First of all you need to ask for a copy of the assessment report
    Then you need to ask for a mandatory reconsideration

If you are in a full service area you willhave to claim UC
    if not then you can claim JSA

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I failed esa and had to make a decision to go on to jsa or have no benefits at all. In the past I got help from cab and then the councils money advice team. As the Jobcentreplus knew me already I was able to go through it with my adviisor. It’s all online now . Good luck.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.