If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Update on Ami

Ami2301Ami2301 Posts: 3,869Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
hello everybody this is a update regarding Ami, I am Ewan her partner, about 4 weeks ago she had to travel to London for week to have a series of tests to hopefully find out what is wrong, ami arrived home on the Saturday, she is alright in her self just very tired and then on Sunday she didn't feel very well and by the early hours of Monday morning she had been rushed to the hospital by ambulance and we sent about 6 hours in the re-cus area and then transferred to the critical care unit where she was put in a induced coma for 4 days, we nearly lost her, after spent nearly 2 weeks in Kings Lynn hospital there wasn't really much improvement, until she was moved to Cambridge addenbrooks hospital where she has made some massive. Improvements, while in Kings Lynn she could only just move her eyes, now she is waving to all the nurses and doctors, doing a little dance when she is happy. She currently has a tube in her throat to help with the breathing. She is now off my drips and machines, she has only got minimal oxygen support, Cambridge has done all the tests and treatments they can do, so now all she has to do is just regain her strength and get some speech therapy because she can't talk at the moment, she is missing all of you all and is sending her love ❤️
You're a fighter. Look at everything you've overcome. Don't give up now!

Replies

• susan48susan48 Posts: 2,133Member Brian Blessed
    Thank you for the post, it must be a very difficult time for everyone.

She is in the best place and on the road to recovery.

Take care and send her our best wishes
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Posts: 4,612Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Hi Ewan

Please give our love and best wishes to Ami
    I will pray for a speedy recovery

Namaste

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • janejrjanejr Posts: 112Member Chatterbox
    Please tell Ami hello from me. Will be here for a chat when your well Ami sorry you have been so I'll. Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending you a big hug xx
  • JennysDadJennysDad Posts: 2,308Member, Community champion Chatterbox
    Hello Ewan and thank you so much for posting this. I have been really worried about your lovely young lady, as, I know, have others.
    I am sure her friend @thespiceman can't have seen this yet, so I've just tagged him in.
    For him and for myself may I send our love and best wishes. Ami has been sorely missed.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • thespicemanthespiceman Posts: 3,755Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Hello @Ami2301 Thank you Ewan for letting me know.  First of all pleased to meet you.  I first met Ami on here and I became all too aware of an amazing young lady.

Whose main focus in life was to prove to every body no matter what disability you have.  Illness you struggle with that you continue to have a full life. 

We became friends and supported each other.  I suffer from disability and mental health.

I am sorry about how ill Ami was and I have the deepest respect and warmth for her.  Very special person.  On the forum you meet very few people who inspire and helpl others she was in my prayers she always be in my thoughts.

She called her self to me my Butterfly friend.  I am the Mystery man.  

Take care best wishes

Please keep in touch

The one and only Spiceman
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Posts: 3,869Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Hi everyone, it's Ami :)

Thank you all so much for sending love and well wishes :)

Am still in hospital recovering but getting stronger by the day!

Love to you all

Ami
    xxx
    Hello @Ami2301 Lovely to speak to you.  Great to speak to you.  How is my butterfly friend.?

Understand that you are on the way to recovery.  Been praying for you and wondering how you are coping.

Imagine you need plenty of rest and recuperation now.  Just let you know small steps and take one day at a time. 

Hopefully I know you will be stronger each day.  You need time and healing.

Am here anytime if you wish the need to chat.

What is important right now is you.

Take care

Always in my prayers and thoughts

Your Mystery man
  • CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Posts: 4,612Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Hi Ami

Great to hear from you

Channeling wellbeing and love to you

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
    Hello @Ami! So very glad to hear from you and to hear you are recovering. The Mystery man and his friend are still here :smile:
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 5,858Member Brian Blessed
    Hi @Ami2301, great to hear from you! We're all thinking of you and sending our best wishes! 
    Hello @Ami2301 How are you  ?  Hope you are steadily on the way to recovery.

I always thinking of my friend who is kind and supportive.

Always in my prayers and thoughts.

Always here to listen

Take care

Your my butterfly friend

From the Mystery Man

Best wishes to your partner your rock.
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Posts: 3,869Member, Community champion Brian Blessed
    Hi all,

Thank you for all your well wishes :)

10 weeks tomorrow since I first got admitted, am still in hospital for rehab because I've lost the ability to walk. My standing is improving, but doctors are unsure about how much more I will improve. It's the not knowing whether I will be able to walk again that I'm struggling to deal with. 

Hope you all are well and sending my love to you all :)

Ami
    xxxx
    Hello princess.
    What can one say? You've been sorely missed and much thought of. And I know everyone's going to be saddened to hear about your mobility issue. We can only hope and pray.
    Our love, affection and respect is with you, if that makes any difference.
    Missing you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad

• debbiedo49debbiedo49 Posts: 2,522Member Brian Blessed
    Best wishes 

I am a fibrowarrior!
    Hello @Ami2301 ; My butterfly friend. Sorry what you are going through.

Am here anytime for support.

I am praying hard for a speedy recovery.

Sending lots of love and warmth and best wishes.

Take care

@thespiceman
Sign in or join us to comment.