Hi, my name is Roma_Fletcher! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Roma_Fletcher!

Options
Roma_Fletcher
Roma_Fletcher Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
Hello everyone, I'm excited to become a member of your group. Thank you ❤️ 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Roma @Roma_Fletcher and a warm (if slightly late) welcome to the community. We are very, very glad to have you.
    Could you possibly tell us some more about yourself? We would like to get to know you and to know how best to support you.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Roma_Fletcher, it's great to have you join!

Please do let us know if you have any questions or if there's anything we can support you with.
  • Roma_Fletcher
    Options
    Hi guys, just to let you know a little bit about me. I'm currently struggling with a lot of joint pain, I can barely walk most days. Every thing is a struggle. Also, I suffer with depression and anxiety and have done for years. My recent ESA assessment led to my benefit being stopped, the report was full of untruths. My PIP is now being reassessed too. So needless to say my mental health is severely affected at the moment. I have no income and just don't know what to do. 
    Roma
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Roma_Fletcher,

Thank you for sharing with us and I'm glad that you feel comfortable doing so, although I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this.

Have you asked for mandatory reconsideration, or an appeal if you have already gone through the mandatory reconsideration stage?  We do have some useful information about appealing a DWP benefits decision, as well as discussion groups for both PIP and ESA on here. Are you getting any help with this?

@Debbie_Scope, do you have any advice for what to do about income in the meantime?
  • Roma_Fletcher
    Options
    Thank you for responding, I have no idea what to do about money at all, my children are helping me as much as they can, but they can't afford it really. My ESA is going to tribunal, I've applied for it, just waiting to hear. I've also just had a PIP form to fill out.  I can go to my local advice center, but it's too far for me to walk. So I have to rely on taxi fare from my girls.

I'm quite desperate, which is how I stumbled across you guys whilst looking for help. Thank heavens. :)
  • JennysDad
    Options
    Hello Roma @Roma_Fletcher and it is good to hear from you again, though not good to read you're in such difficulties.
    Not one myself, we do have well-qualified benefits advisors here who will, I am sure, get back to you about your benefits situation. The level of dishonesty and/or incompetence in the system is truly staggering, but you are not - definitely not - alone. Just bear with us and give our advisors time to get back to you.
    Still here, still listening, because you matter,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Roma_Fletcher
    Options
    Thank you so much for messaging me again. I feel  relieved that I am at least in touch with you guys. Thank you  :)
  • JennysDad
    Options
    Our privilege, Roma, @Roma_Fletcher. Truly.
    Richard
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Something like that happened to me with ESA and I had to go sign on for Jobseeker’s Allowance although it seemed insane. It’s the only way I could get financial help. Also I felt that I couldn’t keep on fighting the ESA route as I had been bumped on and off for a long time. I took it to tribunal and felt no empathy from the panel and my MR was unsuccessful. It takes a lot of energy for us to keep going against all the obstacles. Luckily my job coach was sympathetic and we are taking the part time work route. I get help with that too through a mental health charity who are working with DWP and Jobcentreplus. I was getting help from cab with my ESA issues but I felt the person helping me was useless or biased. So I felt at the end of that road. That’s my story not yours and you may fare better than me. Good luck 
  • Roma_Fletcher
    Options
    Thank you @debbiedo49, for taking the time to contact me. I'm so pleased that your job coach was understanding. I'm absolutely exhausted by this whole experience, and I haven't been to tribunal! I wish you all the best. Again thank you so much for taking time to share with and talk to me. ❤️❤️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.