Cb esa stopped after 365 days. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cb esa stopped after 365 days.

Options
pigeon55
pigeon55 Community member Posts: 116 Courageous
My cb esa stopped in Feb 2017.. Prior to this happening in found out that there are 2 types of esa. Would have thought this would have been explained when making my initial claim. From the start of my esa period I have only been asked to visit the job centre twice in the 12 months this made me think I was in a group where I didn't have to work. Was surprised when the dwp told me my cb esa would stop as I have medical conditions and evidence of my inability to do so plus my GP sent letter of all my conditions. I have had 1 knee and hip replaced awaiting bothers to be done have arthritis in both shoulders wich seriously restricts movement. It has also appeared in both my ankles and restricts my ability to walk. I'm in constant pain from this also I have trapped nerves in my spine wich causes pins and needles to my lower left leg. I have a degenerative spinal disease which the dwp disembelament has set at 20% disability. Carpol tunnel in my wrist and suffer from depression and high anxiety. Recently been diagnosed with tinnitus wich affects my concentration. Yet at my assessment I was asseed as fit for work. I'm in receipt of daily living allowance pip and awaiting a new assessment for pip. My wife works 32 hours and since losing my esa 14 months ago we have found it difficult financial. I've had a mandatory reconsideration and awaiting a independent tribunal court date to arrive. Is there any other financial benefits I would be able to claim whilst awaiting my day in court. All this is causing serious stress to my life
 Any advice would be appreciated.
Many thanks

Comments

• anixous2017
    anixous2017 Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Options
    Your wife claim carers allowance , when you go to court make sure  you have  letters from your gp consultants , you have a representative.  I have severe anixousty so I didn' go I had paper hereing. Also if you don' want to pay for your letters as gp receptionist for copies of letters relevant to your illness .
    Allso ask gp about well being suport they will go with you to court unless you can get letter from gp saying you cannot attend due to illness.
    I have epilepsy anixousty depression, and I am in remission, I can' go out by my self.
    I am very nervous, but I won appeal.  Good luck
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Depending on the status of UC in your area, you might be able to claim JSA

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.