UC queries — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC queries

Options
fungie1
fungie1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi
my husband ha MS and dystonic tremors. He was signed off work sick last April 2017. They never once rang or visited him to see how he was or what they could do to help him. He submitted his sick note with the wrong date put is UC date in instead. The company sacked him because of this with no phone to say can you get another one. 
They said that he was in breach of his contract and was awol. 
He went to Acas not very good as they are impartial. So he is going to a tribunal for unfair dismissal. He applied for PIP but was 2 points short of getting standard PIP. CAB advised him to reapply a new one which he did this time got zero even though he feels worse. The assessor was awful hurried us and I was trying to explain things but she told us we need to get on as she was running out of time. The report was like it was about someone else not my husband. She said that he was able to walk to the room even though she was in front of us and he was linking my arm. The other thing was due to his tremors he cant chop or prepare or use pots and pans but she put he can use the microwave to make a simple meal. He has worked the past 30 years or more full time even though he had MS. But the past couple of years he has become worse. The problems he has is dexterity and balance.
We have had so much problems with UC but are now in receipt of reduced payments due to my part time wage. He submitted his sick note which is for 3 months but has been asked to go back in for an interview. I am now very worried that they are going to turn round now and say he is fit for work.

Thank you

Comments

• debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome and hope you get some advice soon
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi fungie and welcome

When did you receive the PIP decision letter ?
    Have you asked for an MR ?

Have a look at the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Part of the UC claims process is an interview , same as any other out of work benefit try not to worry until you have the result. it is out of those things that are inevitable , like death and taxes

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • fungie1
    fungie1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you. We have gone for Mandatory reconsideration and I have typed up a letter too. 
    He has had an interview with UC every time he had to hand in his sick note since Apr 2017. I am fine with those but this is an extra one and they are not telling him what it is about. The ones he has been to are like when you have to sign on so to speak but just worried what this extra one will entail.
    The stress he has been under over the past year is unbelievable and we come across hurdles everywhere.

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @fungie1, and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about your husband's situation and the uncertainty it's caused. It sounds like you're very well prepared and, as CR says, try not to worry (easier said than done, I know!) until you find out the result. Please do keep us updated and let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.