Anyone willing to help me for my dissertation research? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone willing to help me for my dissertation research?

Options
ifb_ntu
ifb_ntu Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hey guys,

I am an undergraduate student majoring in fashion business. I am currently working on my dissertation project about inclusive fashion retail environment. I am conducting a research to find out the potential ways for fashion retailers to create a better and inclusive shopping experience for all consumers. Therefore, I am looking for people that have limited physical, visual, cognitive, etc., capabilities that are willing to be interview, to understand the needs, expectations and their shopping behaviour. Please let me know if anyone is willing to participate in the e-interview.
Thank you so much, your help will be much appreciated!

Comments

• Trina79
    Trina79 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi how is the interview done?
    Is it online or face2face?
  • ifb_ntu
    Options
    @Trina79 Hey, thank you for replying. It will be an online interview. I will send you the list of questions via email and you can answer it accordingly. Please let me know if you are interested in participating
  • Gill53
    Gill53 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    Hey Trina, could I ask what your dissertation is about and xx
    G L Grundy 
  • ifb_ntu
    Options
    @Gill53, hey gill, my dissertation will be about inclusive fashion retail environment. I would like to understand the shopping behaviour, demand, and expectations of people with physical or any other form of disabilities. This allows me to find a potential ways for fashion retailers to improve their store accessibility, thus allowing fashion store to be more inclusive and accessible for everyone
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Chloe_Tear, this might be of interest to you! 
  • Rossi46fan
    Rossi46fan Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    I have gone 100% online as I now found trying on clothes in shops had become a slow and laborious process due to spinal, shoulder and leg pain. 

Im prepared to respond if it would be of help?

David
  • ifb_ntu
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @Rossi46fan hey David, thank you so much for your interest! Your respond will sure help me a lot in my research. For the purpose of your confidentiality, would you mind sending me an email so that I could get in touch with you? Looking forward to your email. Thank you
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi I too can only do shopping for clothes online, loud crowds shops I can’t go into. big food shopping online and essentials my friend takes me to the shop. Only one at a time, anymore then anxiety kicks in.
    if I can help then will do if it’s just questions and answers.

susan
  • ifb_ntu
    edited April 2018
    Options
    hey @susan48, thank you very much for your interest! Could you send me an email  so that I can get in touch with you as well? Looking forward to your email. Thank you
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ifb_ntu

iv sent you an email 

susan
  • hartill77
    hartill77 Community member Posts: 97 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @ifb_ntu 
    Is it just for adults? I could take part in view of how it affects my 11yr old daughter with Autism.

Charlene
  • ifb_ntu
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi @hartill77, everyone is welcome
  • hartill77
    hartill77 Community member Posts: 97 Courageous
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I'm happy to take part then
  • Chloe_Tear
    Chloe_Tear Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks @PippaScope for mentioning me, I would love to help!
  • AbilityInAction
    AbilityInAction Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    I don't wish to be interviewed; however, trying on clothes in a shop can be a nightmare. Often the pull cords that are in disabled changing rooms aren't at floor level, so if you fall you can't reach them. I also find disabled changing rooms are not always unisex, therefore my carer can't come in with me. 
    I do believe technology could help enormously; I have seen on my own laptop you can use functions to show what a computer-modelled object would look like in the home, I am sure there must be technology to show you what you would look like in certain clothing without having to try the items on in the shop. If you are wheelchair bound, it can be difficult or impossible to see/reach clothing on racks that are higher up. More space is needed to safely get around in a chair. For those who have limited mobility, signage to say where items are would help reduce walking around, that and clustering the same item type together also would help. I often find there can be several stands scattered around with no logical order, thus if you are looking for shorts, you can be walking around from stand to stand, across huge distances to see all that is available. Either that, or cluster the same sizes together, then you only have to visit your size stand and don't have to move clothes around to find your size (that can be very heavy going). I hope this helps. 
  • ifb_ntu
    Options
    Hello @Chloe_Tear thank you for your interest. May I get your email please, so that we can talk further about this? or you drop me an email at ntuifb@gmail.com. 
  • ifb_ntu
    Options
    hello @AbilityInAction thank you so much for sharing this. It is really detailed. This will definitely help!  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.