I wish they understood — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I wish they understood

FaldaGala
FaldaGala Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, back in November 2016 I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I've found that I've lost friends due to thus as they just don't seem to understand that I'm not the same person anymore. It's broken my heart. I just feel that no matter how many times I have to explain it to people, they just don't see it...
It would be really great if I could just have maybe one person to talk to about this condition that actually understands it. To be in pain everyday, depending on the weather to how much pain, and not have any relief.... It sucks. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi FaldaGala and welcome

Thank you for joining our community

You will find that many of our members will understand and have been in similar
    situations please do join in with any thread

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2018
    Hi @FaldaGala, welcome to the community! It's great to have you here.

I'm so sorry to hear this. It can feel so isolating when others don't seem to understand what you're going through, even more so when it's an 'invisible' condition. You're always welcome to come and chat on the community: many of our members have fibromyalgia, including @Catman, @julierose, @mel60 and @angel65. If we can be of any assistance, do let us know!
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Just adding another welcome and hello @FaldaGala. We have many people here - as PippaScope points out - who have fibromyalgia. You'll find some of them in the Dealing with chronic pain thread, and all will be very glad to chat with you.
    For that matter, even those of us who don't suffer from fibro have experience of the loss of friends through disability, so don't forget us if we can be of any help.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.