Severe anxiety — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Severe anxiety

SugarCoated
SugarCoated Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
Woke up with Severe anxiety scared and lightheaded. Palpatations and woozy feeling calmed myself down and layed down in bed again 5 min's later same feeling of uneasiness and scared to go back to sleep. So scared that ended up calling 111 for help. Still got palpitations was told someone will ring back. 
I know it's  panic attack's but when I'm really bad I can hAve many panic attacks together.  Really scared and can't get back to sleep.

Comments

• Roma_Fletcher
    Roma_Fletcher Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Bless your heart, I'm so sorry to hear that having such a bad morning. Thankfully you've managed to call 111 so they'll be keeping an eye on you. Please try to just rest, it doesn't matter if you can't sleep at the moment. It's important that you rest and relax, sleep will come. Just rest and breathe. I hope that you feel better soon.
  • ChrisW
    ChrisW Community member Posts: 10 Courageous
    Hi @SugarCoated I too have suffered sever panic attacks, especially at night. I learned some breathing exercises which help to calm me down and for sleep I now listen to some Mindfulness meditation as I drift off to sleep, I was really sceptical at first but I have been doing it every night for the last 6 months and I sleep better, but more importantly I don't have as many panic attacks and those I do are no where as sever as I was suffering.
    Hope this helps and you can get some peace at night.
  • SugarCoated
    SugarCoated Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Thank you for the kind words and advice @Roma_Fletcher and @ChrisW ive actually been getting up with a panic attacks, its been happening alot. ended up in hospital a few weeks ago because of the same thing and passing out. turns out i was anaemic.
    i know breathing exercise help like my 16 year old daughter says blow the candles mom and smell the roses. but when im having a anxiety attack my mind goes blank and i forget to do all that. i got a call back from 111 and the guy i spoke to was really nice and talked to me calmed me down and told me to try and relax. i went back to bed took awhile to get to sleep but i was exhusted and must have nodded off at some point. my children are trying to keep me busy watching tv shows but im so tired i just want to go back to bed. 

• Roma_Fletcher
    Roma_Fletcher Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Bless you. It is so exhausting, I don't think that people actually realise. Unless of course, they suffer too. I'm so pleased that 111 were able to help you. Please just try to rest and relax, easier said than done!  Bless your heart, thinking of you, just take one day at a time, if not an hour at a time. Whatever helps you to get through the day.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    One simple breathing technique that may help

Put your hand on your tummy
    Breath in and push your tummy out
    Then breath out and push your tummy in with your hand
    do this a few times

When we breath in we naturally try and fill our lungs by expanding our chest. When we do this we suck our tummy in and this results in only breathing in the top part of our lung. So we take in less oxygen. Then we have to do it faster and faster because we "can't " breath and we panic

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.