Hi, my name is Davidlloyd! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Davidlloyd!

Davidlloyd
Davidlloyd Community member Posts: 7 Listener
I have Asperger's. I also suffer with depression. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Davidlloyd

Welcome to our online community.

Pease have a good look around.

If there’s anything that I can help you with please please let me know!!!!!!
  • Davidlloyd
    1804 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello David @Davidlloyd and a warm welcome to the community. You'll find any number of members here who have Aspergers and/or who suffer from depression and who will be able to relate to your situation.
    When you are ready - and there's no hurry or pressure here - can you please tell us a little more about yourself and about how your conditions affect your life? The better we get to know you, the more easily we may find ways of being of help to you.
    here and listening,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Davidlloyd
    Hi Richard
    Many thanks. My Asperger's condition does have an impact as its a struggle for me at times. I guess everyone struggles with different kinds of problems in life. I'm going to see the psychiatrist next week so hope she can change my antidepressant tablets. I hope to engage in more social activities sometime soon. I have had a relationship break up several years ago and its not been easy. As the statement goes, once bitten, twice shy. But i hope that eventually, by engaging in social activities within the community, that i will meet someone else. That is my goal for the future, at least. I hope you are well and speak again soon please
    Regards
    Dave
  • Davidlloyd
    Hi Debbie: how are you?
  • JennysDad
    Hi David @Davidlloyd and thank you for getting back to me. I'm fine, thank you, and what you've written is very encouraging.I have everything crossed for you.
    Anti depressant medication has made a big difference in my life, so I hope it may in yours.
    I seem to think we've had some discussion recently on Spectrum  'disorders' and relationships. You might find something of interest here and I look forward very much to seeing you participate in the community. There are lots of excellent and very friendly folks here, who come highly recommended by many.
    Almost 2:00 a.m. and I should be in bed, so I must say goodnight, and take care of yourself.
    Here and listening (tomorrow anyway) if there is anything more you would like to ask or to tell us, and looking forward to getting to know you,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard

• shazier
    shazier Community member Posts: 82 Pioneering
    Hi Davidlloyd and, welcome.
     I am also new here and finding, it is helping me to communicate a little more with people again. Everyone has been so kind and I have received some very good advise. im still finding my way around the site but getting there:)
  • Davidlloyd
    I have Asperger's. I also suffer with depression. 
    I'm suffering with suicidal thoughts and going to take my own life.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Davidlloyd, welcome to the community.

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself. 

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

How are you today? You mentioned you would be seeing your psychiatrist this week, perhaps it would be worth getting in touch with a medical professional in the meantime to see if they can offer support?

• Davidlloyd
    Hi i have an appointment with the psychiatrist later on today.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    That's good to hear @Davidlloyd, wishing you all the best.
  • JennysDad
    Hello David, @Davidlloyd. Good to hear from you, but I'm sorry your thoughts are so unhappy.
    I wanted to 'second' everything that @PippaScope said just a little earlier. She's given you contact details for the Samaritans if you need them.
    But you need to have in mind just how important you are, to us and simply as a human being. You matter, David, though often - to you - it may not seem so.
    Please do let us know how you get on with the psychiatrist today, and please, please, please (for all our sakes) take care of yourself.
    With affection,
    Richard
  • Davidlloyd
    Hi i got on ok with the psychiatrist and feel better already.
  • Jenny62
    Jenny62 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Hi Davidlloyd
    A very difficult place to find yourself in. Pleased to read that you are being helped. Keep in touch and as it is said ' Good to talk' .
    kind regards
    Jenny62
  • JennysDad
    Hi David @Davidlloyd, and it is so good to hear your psychiatric visit went well.
    Just remember for the future - you're among friends here and you matter.
    Here and listening,
    Richard

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.