If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

New pip review form and no new evidence to send

angnryanangnryan Posts: 19Member Whisperer
Hi, my son is autistic and also suffers from suicidal ideation, self harm ,anxiety and depression, he's 28 now, he was put on pip enhanced daily living for two years and his review form needs to be in by 25th, I'm his appointee and as there's been no change that's what I will be ticking, problem is he has had no help from mental health services since he finished his psychology last year and they have already seen the letter his psychologist wrote, so now we have nothing to send, I've spent weeks trying to get help but cab is full and can't help ,time is running out ,can anyone help with some advice please 

Replies

• lindadeniselindadenise Posts: 134Member Chatterbox
    I sent in a letter from my daughter who comes everyday to help me and she put how my illnesses affect me on a daily basis.
  • markyboymarkyboy Posts: 139Member Chatterbox
    You do not need to get new medical letters every time you have a review just tick no change 
    The DWP do not tend to base there decision on medical evidence alone it's all about how you answer the questions from the assessor and how your disability affects your daily life
  • angnryanangnryan Posts: 19Member Whisperer
    Thanks everyone ,so I'm guessing he will have to have another assessment am I right 
    Yes it is possible.
  • debbiedo49debbiedo49 Posts: 1,276Member Chatterbox
    Good luck

This too shall pass!
  • sleepy1sleepy1 Posts: 293Member Chatterbox
    Hi @angnryan, my advice would be to add on the review form why you are unable to provide further medical evidence (like what you have explained above) and ask them to look at all the evidence previously sent and do they require you to submit all the same evidence again.

If you have not already done so you can call them and ask for more time to send back the form stating you are seeking advice.  They usually grant 2 extra weeks, which may give you more time to get the advice you need.

Perhaps you could get some help from the Autistic Society.

http://www.autism.org.uk/

• poppy123456poppy123456 Posts: 779Member Chatterbox
    You can keep a diary about how his condition affects him daily, and write a letter of support explaining how much help he needs from you.
  • lillybellelillybelle Posts: 455Member Chatterbox
    Don’t just right no change.
    go into a little more detail.
    i would send another copy of the previous letter in case it’s been lost. Ask your GP if he would write a letter verifying this. That should be enough
    Thanks everyone, I'm out of my mind with worry, I have anxiety and depression too although I'm only on carers allowance and income support, looking after Ryan alone for the past 28 years have really taken its toll, and dealing with the pip feels like the last straw, I'm taking him the doctor today to ask for a letter but it is highly unlikely I will get it before the form needs to be sent off, I will keep you all posted and thanks again for all your help everyone 
  • sue66sue66 Posts: 88Member Talkative
    angnryan  Hope all works out well for you and your son, you sure do have a lot to contend with on a daily basis with your own anxiety and depression too and im sure as you say dealing with the pip feels like the last straw, People with ongoing life time diagnoses shouldn't have to keep  re applying. Even Tersa May said this!
    Sue 

• Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 3,206Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @angnryan, I'm so sorry to hear that you're having to deal with this on top of everything else. Do you have any support for yourself as a carer? 
    No I don't have any support, I'm a single parent, so all my time is spent on looking after Ryan, thanks for reply 
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 3,206Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @angnryan, you may like to consider visiting the Carers UK website and perhaps getting in touch with them to see if they can offer any practical support or advice. It's important to look after yourself too!
  • april123april123 Posts: 105Member Chatterbox
    Be careful asking for private doctors letter, sent request Friday and paid £40+and was cheaking today that it had been passed to doc , to be told a letter was sent out to you today we need another yes another £40+ pound before we can continue because of amount of work involved. I requested letter and advised what I needed to cover and put tick list template in as well. So it must of counted as 2 things wanted.
    I went to the docs appointment today with my son who was extremely anxious to ask for a letter only to be told ,sorry but ryans doctor is on holiday for two weeks, so why did they make the appointment for today!!  So no letter and form due be posted Wed, unbelievable 
    Ask another Doctor to write a leyter they have all the information on there system or just send form and put a note to say more information to be forwarded asap.
    The other doctor is awful very unhelpful, I got another appointment in two weeks time when ryans doctor is back but by then the form will be at DWP, I will just have to save whatever letter I can get in two weeks time in case they send him for another f2f, praying they don't though, it's caused both of us enough stress already 
    Good luck i know its really stressful i am at the Mandatory Reconsideration stage i dont feel confident tbh. 
    I hope things turn out well for you 
    Was yours a review or a renewal 
Sign in or join us to comment.