Esa cb and working tax credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa cb and working tax credit

Options
Jackemoh82
Jackemoh82 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My husband receives cb esa and last year was moved to the support group. He received a letter stating, he was entitled to ib esa but because he was getting cb esa he would continue to get this. However dwp informed tax credits he was entitled to ib esa and they changed our award to receive full working tax credit entitlement. I'm confused as to if we are actually entitled to it. It bumps our award up alot so the money is great but I dint want to be over paid. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi Jackemoh and welcome

Do you or your OH receive any other benefits ?

Did your OH fill in an ESA3 form for Income related Benefit ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Jackemoh82
    Jackemoh82 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    He gets standard rate for care pip and he didn't complete any forms. We just got a rescheduled tax credit award and a big back payment. It says on gov website that we are not entitled to ir esa as I earn too much and work over the amount if hours. So I don't understand how dwp can inform tax credits that he has changed over to ir esa when his letter says its it will still be cb esa. Although the letter says he is entitled to it esa, he will stay on cb. So it's all very confusing 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The one thing that DWP are good at is confusing everyone

I would suggest that CAB might be a good place to get f2f advice

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.