If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Age gap relationships

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 19Member Whisperer
Hello I am now 20 years old and I am thinking about wanting an older man to be in a romantic relationship with as I am interested in men in their mid 20s to early 30s I wanted to asknow whether it is ok as I feel it should be as I am now an adult myself and also because I do not want anybody to say anything bad or to judge me because I am now in my 20s and old enough to do what I want.
S.York

Replies

• Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 4,950Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @Sholay09
    My husband is 9 years older than me and we have never had any issues in our relationship because of age.

I think it is about finding the right partner for you and age shouldnt be important in an adult relationship :)
  • PSHEexpertPSHEexpert Posts: 108Member, Community advisor Chatterbox
    I agree - it's important to focus on the person and not their age.  If I were you I wouldn't be worrying particularly about how old someone is, and concentrate more on whether you have the right things in common, want the same things, make each other happy, etc. :)
    - Gill 
  • Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 19Member Whisperer
    Ok thank you Sam for saying that as I want people also to treat me and talk to me as a grown up and not as a child as it is not like I am underage like I am 13 for an example when I am talking about wanting to be in a relationship with an older man.
    S.York
  • Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 19Member Whisperer
    Ok thanks Gill for making me feel a bit more better, confident, happy and more comfortable about it.
    S.York
Sign in or join us to comment.