Disability premium not paid — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability premium not paid

Haydn39
Haydn39 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I claimed esa back in 2013. I was assessed without a face to face assessment. I was put in in wrag with a 6 month recommendation review. In 2014 i was awarded pip daily standard living rate for 5yrs to be reviewed in 2019. Last year in september i was found fit for work after an assessment. Im currently waiting for my tribunal date. When i was speaking with c.a.b they noticed i hadnt ever recieved any premiums. My question is was i entitled to a disabilty premium? I was in reciept of income based esa and pip daily standard living. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    If you meet all the conditions then yes

https://www.gov.uk/disability-premiums-income-support

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Haydn39
    Im 99.9% sure i should have been getting the premium. I spoke to dwp about it. They didnt even take my N.I. number. She told me there was no looking into it until my appeal has been heard. Regardless of my appeal if i wasnt paid what i was entitled to before my failed wca last september. They still failed to pay me what i was entitled to for over 3 years  and surely regardless of my appeal outcome that money should have been paid?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    If you were entitled to it it should be paid. As it was the CAB that noticed it in the first place, they are best placed to help you with this. If I were you I would ake an appointment with CAB and get them on the case

Please let us know how you get on and if we can help in any way let us know

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Haydn39
    Having further spoken with cab it appears i was entitled to this element. I have contacted dwp asked for IS10 form. I was asked some questions by dwp. I was then advised my claim would be sent over to the benefits section and i should hear something in approx 6 working days. I also have a face to face cab app on the 14th of may regarding my appeal. Im not holding my breath on the disability premium being backdated to november 2013 but i shall update in due course.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.