Won PIP appeal but told to make a new claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won PIP appeal but told to make a new claim

Tigerlily14
Tigerlily14 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all , this is my first post hopefully its in the right place . I recieved a renew claims form from the DWP last March last year and stated nothing had changed and went through an 15 minute assessment that was lies , lies and more lies by the assesor I  was turned down . Like hundreds of people i appealed the decision and won the appeal and the award was back dated up until the end of this month. This morning i have recieved a letter saying i need to make a new claim for PIP. The past 12 months have been so stressful and anxiety has gone through the roof with it all  . Surely i havent got to go through all the rigmarole of providing evidence and assements again this year when they already have it and the courts judgement went in my favour . Is it the case when you win an appeal that you have to make a new claim again ?  any advice would be very appreciated .. 

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    @Tigerlily14
    i think they can ask you whenever they want.
    its not fair but they seem to be able to do as they please 
    i won my appeal but I’m expecting a review or reassessment later this year, my appeal award was until November 2019 but know they can do this a year early.

i would contact CAB to discuss it further.

they will be people here that could help further but I’m not exactly sure how it all works.
  • Tigerlily14
    Thanks you for replying x will contact the CAB tomorrow and see what they say .  It seems so unfair after filling in the renewal form last year that i have now got to fill in a new claim after all the stress of the last 12 months with the  appeal etc feel like im doing an Olympic hurdle circuit with the DWP  x 
  • susan48
    @Tigerlily14
    did it say on your award after the appeal a review date etc? Mine said from November 2017- November 2019 all dates inclusive but in still expecting another review etc November this year. It is unfair, I like you and many others just wish to be left in peace until the date it says not now or a year early!!
    whats the point in all this if nobody goes with what the tribunal say.

i for one will NOT go through it again, it’s not worth the anxiety, stress and emotional rollercoaster we are on.

im still struggling months on from it. 
    Please let me know what CAB say, and good luck x
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Congratulations on winning your appeal Tigerlily.  So sorry the DWP are treating you so appallingly.  Take care
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • Tigerlily14
    Hi yes its states the award is from July 17 when they stopped the payments to April 18 . This is when the actual 4 year award should have been up for renewel but they sent a renewel claim form out last March a year before the actual 4 year award was up which was flled in and returned with further evidence if that makes sense . Its making me confused!  shouldnt  the renewal form sent back last March account for a continuing claim ? That form also was supplied at the appeal and the 2 judges and doctor in February of this year said i was entilted to PIP but the DWP have sent a letter saying i need to fill in a new claim form x feel really stressed with it all 
  • susan48
    @Tigerlily14,
    does the end date say April 2018? If so that will mean you need to fill in the form.

if your confused, which I am, contact CAB and let them see the letter.

but I think as you’v said the date was April this year then it’s due for review, renewal.

it wasn’t a long time for the appeal to put, only 1 year, when it takes so long to get there.
    try and not stress, I know you will but just think about all the things you’v learned in this journey so far.

• susan48
    P.s if in doubt call scopes helpline or the DWP to ask but I called them a week or so ago, 3 times and got 3 answers.

what hope have we got when they don’t even know themselves!!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It sounds as though you need to make a new claim asap. When submitting your eveidence make sure you include a copy of the tribunal decision

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Tigerlily14
    Ok will do and thank you all for the advice its very much appreciated thank you 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.