Reasons to be cheerful
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PLANNING HERB GARDEN PART 1

thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
Hello everybody thought tell you my plans for a herb garden.   Would like to share and hope inspire others. This is part 1.  As I wish to share with you in parts.  Then you can decide I could or would like to do that.

Understand first if you wish to do a herb garden.  What sort of plants could I have in a garden.

Knowledge looking on the web is often a good start.  Certain herbs come from sunny climates but adapt well to cold days and nights.  Herbs from the Med.  Like Rosemary, Thyme adapt well to our climate.

Understand also maintaining the garden  Most herbs do not need watering all the time..  Also the nature of your disability.  For example I have problems with lifting and carrying.  Upper body strength not good.  Then you want to plant herbs that are small and miniature in size.

What about the cost.  Set your self a budget.  Compost and need any equipment or consider footwear and gloves.  Water can.  Need with easy to hold and grip.

Plan where are you going to put the herbs and plots.  Make a sketch.  Where you would like the herbs planted.  Remember also bear in mind need to be in places that can benefit sun, rain and shelter.  Also do your research.  Herbs like Mint can be evasive.   Can not be planted in the ground. If not sure.  Ask garden centres or I have been taking advice from my friend @Victoriad

Thank you to her. 

Decided to use plastic tubs  For some of the small varieties I obtained..  I decided that because can lift them and put them in my property over cold days and nights.  Especially Frost and Winter.

Bought Lavender two of, Rosemary two of, Thyme two types ,Sage one, Oregano one. Bay two of.

Got two tubs filled the bottom with for drainage.  lightweight Vermiculite chips.  Helps water seep into the pots down to the roots of the plants.

In one tub put the Thymes I had bought.  The second one. put in Oregano, Sage and another Thyme.

Emptied the compost in to each tub.  Halfway add the herb.  Take it out of container.  Give it a smack on the bottom.  Understand I could not do this so cut scissors and cut it off.  Each one.

My hands did not have the strength.

Put the herb in cover a trowel of compost around each plant.  Make sure press around to seal.  Understand that all herbs come with instructions how to plant.

A good water.

Spent an hour or more in the sunshine.  Feel great.  Tired but this is the point.  Simple to do a little exercise.

So to part 2 and onward.

More adventures to follow.

Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Replies

• Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Member Posts: 7,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Great!! I am just planning my allotment for the year! Im a bit late due to having surgery but really looking forward to getting back out in the garden!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Sam_Scope Thank you for reply.  Hope you are enjoying your day .  Its been a lovely day. You see Physic Spiceman thinking of you and all the forum.  Those that wished to do some thing simple easy to do.

Understand you got an allotment.

Mind you take it easy.  Having a operation. The recovery hope I bring some sunshine to you life.  By suggestions and ideas for gardens.

Done a hour today but took it slowly.

Rested and respite and put part 2 tomorrow.  On the forum.

Thank you take care
    The one and only Spiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,756 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hello @Victoriad Thank you for advice .  Welcomed very much.

Hope to add more.

From a grateful beginner and student.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    Think of the money you will save @thespiceman and the sense of achievement  :)
    Hello @susan48 Thank you kind words, that is not the reason for doing the garden.  Never thought of that.  Thank you.

Doing it because feel could be some where to sit out instead of my bungalow, nice warm days.

Sitting on a bench looking out over the view from my garden.  Reminiscing and relaxing.  Have a stress free days go into the garden.

Try and get a bench next thing .  Consider other options.

Have I inspired you?

Hope you are OK 

Take care
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    Thank you @thespiceman
    I am definitely taking it easy and getting others to do any heavy jobs.  Last year, we had raised beds put in to make it easier for me, I just can't manage with all the bending over and so it is uch easier now.

One of my friends @motherscuffer has recently shared some pictures of a pallet herb garden she has made to plant lettuce in which I thought was a really clever idea! 

Scope
    This is my lovely allotment last year, you can see my chickens in the background too! I am very lucky as the allotment is on the back of our house and so it's right on my doorstep!

Scope
    Hello @Sam_Scope Great ideas great picture.  Thinking now what else I can plant.  My friend @Victoriad suggested  fruit plants in tubs.

Other options could be salad greens.  As above.  Starting small at the moment.

Understand and hope to inspire others.

Yes hope you are taking it easy.  Getting all the help you need.

Tired to day doing Part 2 but it is worth it.

Take care
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    I think it's best to think about what you eat a lot of! 

Chillies can be done in pots on the window sill, and tomatoes do well in pots or growbags.  Strawberries do well in hanging baskets too!
    Scope
    Hello @Sam_Scope Thank you for ideas and suggestions, yes thinking about trips to these garden centres.

What else is there to consider to grow, my issues are space.  Salad greens in tubs not really a salad person but have consider that.  What do I like good plan to think what I can also freeze.

Chilli's a suggestion do eat a lot of chilli so that is an idea considering.  My kitchen small but could use what space I have.  Know front room is warm.

Tiny small bungalow so space for growing especially tubs an ideas herbs.

Got lawn but could use edge of to plant herbs and bushes closes to a fence.

End of the day.  One thing is to have a set limit and then do things well.  My disability understand can do certain things.  Need to have not too much.  So I can not cope.

Physically and mentally doing me good.  Yet we have days forgetting to water plants or leave them so ideal for me. 

Herbs are low maintenance as many originate in the warmer climate of the Med.

Whatever I do I just be appreciated if others on the forum.  Either to be inspired or are gardeners or wanting to have a go.

Helps mentally understand all that.

Lovely to speak to you.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    I think that gardening and growing veg is about so much more than the produce, it's an enjoyable hobby that really does help so many people with mental health.

The first year I had my allotment, I tried to do everything and it became a chore and something that stressed me out if I wasnt well enough to tend to it and so I learnt to plant the things I want and keep in mind that there may be times where Im not able to do it.

Setting limits for yourself is a healthy thing to do, we understand our own limits and need to make sure that we keep them in mind and don't cause ourselves undue stress!
    Scope
  • fishingmumfishingmum Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    I grow my own herbs and veggies, mostly boxes made out of old pallets, or giant plastic tubs for things like potatoes. I have used old ceramic jugs for herbs, taking care to drill holes in the bottom for drainage. Old food tins you can paint with outdoor/ masonry paint with drilled holes in them are ideal for herbs as they are small easy enough to move about.

I like to recycle as well and a lot of that goes into my garden and ideas. This year I plan on building new planters in different designs.
    life is too short to let others make you miserable.
    I used pallets to create the raised beds in the allotment, Im also a big fan of reusing tyres!
    Scope
    my husband is a mechanic and it is a pet hate of his, he makes me get rid of those BOOOOOOO to the hubby lol I wanted to do a few things from tyres but he draws the line at tyres.
    @Victoriad thats not so good, wonder if there is a silicone based paint you could have used it might have held better to the tyres.
    @thespiceman just out of curiosity do you grow herbs for medicinal purposes, e.g. growing basil for indigestion problems, oregano for help with breathing etc ?

Herb question.

i suffer badly from night sweats, my age unfortunately.

Iv been using sage tablets from the herbal shop, as it’s supposed to help.

Is there anything else I can use to help?
    yes there are a few different things but it depends if you are on medication or not, any other conditions that could cause problems. St Johns Wort, Lady's mantle, using a rose or geranium skin toner after showers, peppermint oil used on temples and wrist points as it also calms down breathing helps relax you more. I would need a lot more info before I would say yes try this or that as I would not want to recommend anything potentially harmful.
    Hello @fishingmum Have we not met before somewhere?  Thanks again Yes another reason for growing herbs and may I say taking spices is for my own health benefits.

Understand I am afraid do know what I take helps me.

Unfortunately the lovely people of SCOPE will not allow me talking about the medicinal properties of what I take.

One of the rules of the forum.

Please can I add we all of us are moderated our chat for inappriopate content.

Hence my comments on the word game.

All I can helped me a lot.

Basically my story now of legend in his own lunch time .lol

Had an addiction history . Long term abuser of alcohol and drugs. Read my story Anniversary I think it is under Reasons to be Cheerful.  If you wish to, not have to.

Anyway found by using herbs and spices alleviates the pain with drawl. The anxiety and the depression. Mainly the bodies reactions to over counter meds. So used herbal ones.

Researched and looked at the diets cuisines of many countries. Got into food of the Southern Med, Italian plus food, cuisine of North Africa, Greece, Spain. All that vegetables, fish,  olive oil, beans, pulses, pasta, grains, dried fruits, yoghurt all helped to alleviate mental health and depression not all though but helps every day.

Need to live there then be better really.

Also looking at similarities in Chinese and Indian cuisines all the same in a lot of instances.

That is why in this country we need to start and look at our selves, diet wise.  The colouration between diet and mental health.

Community Champion
    Recipes
    I hope I did not over step in saying what I did above. But I always state unless you have all information you can not recommend someone to take anything even if it is over the counter.

I am sure we have never met before, I think I would remember :)

As for medicinal properties of herbs, I do not know if you are aware of why recipes are put the way they are. For example why you have parsley on starter and soups, as it is a digestive aid, they put basil and oregano, rosemary thyme etc in main courses as mostly for antifungal and antibacterial as well as indigestion properties and to reduce flatulence, and mint always on the last course to help reduce sweats calm spasms in the stomach and freshen breath. This was not about medicinal purposes this was done like that due to high bacteria in foods although the bacteria aspect was not known when this started, it was known having these items made eating more pleasant and manageable. A lot less people also died, so things that were once culinary are now known to be medicinal.
    Hello @susan48 Please I cannot advise on certain herbs. I do know that if it is working then give it a try.  Certain herbs I use work for me.

Understand only with the say so of the moderators, what I would say.

Consider your diet .lifestyle. I do know any anxiety is and can be helped with being sensible. 

I personally cut out caffeine, that helped me. Make also have a look at other things usual alcohol cocoa and chocolate cause anxiety. symptoms.

Any diet changes the well being of your own self is important.

Health things like I eat a well balanced diet. Such as Meat, Eggs, Cheese, Nuts, Greens leafy ones like Spinach or others.

Please have a look around the web with caution though.  Please also consider speaking to a dietician or nutritionist.

Please can I add also when I had my addiction and wanted to get clean and sorted. Did not do this on my own. Consulted well being support teams. Had a guy take through how I could help myself.

Also think of them as guru's can help with other food related problems. Food intolerances or other issues, it is learning education.

Also lot of it then my own research and information. Did a lot of sitting on the web, looking at websites. Googling is it. Remember my friend sometimes Dr Google may not be the answer but by sifting the wheat from the chaff.

Have and am still learning.

Pleasure to help but look at well being service. I understand nervous, anxious. Most of them are run by ladies with courses all ladies. I was the exceptional one only gent.

Speak soon

Take care

Your friend 

The One and Only Spiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
    @thespiceman, @fishingmum
    my apologies I should know better.
    I wasn’t thinking when I posted about sage.
    I was just wanting to pick your knowledge brains.

My sincere apologies 
    no worries, I hope what was said might give you something to and look up ask at your doctors next time you are in they often have a safe list and can recommend people near you who could assist further.
    Hello @fishingmum Thanks for replies what I meant have we met before my little joke. Seeing that have just sent a lot of posts , me commenting replying back.

You can see that you have done nothing wrong. In talking about the uses for herbs medicine and for digestion.  Had this when I first joined asked because we know. So do you that natural medicine and herbal medicine is being carefully scrutinised by the media and medical professionals. For own health.

I know about the digestion part of herbs. Use fennel seeds with fruit and yoghurt . After meals. Helps my digestion. Understand a lot of research now that is looking alternatives to antacids and other over counter meds.

My knowledge is I do know about the anti bacterial properties why I also take them.  Thank you much appreciated as always. Great to have you here . Sometimes my memory not good. So my friends who know me will say if am wrong or right. That is a sign of alcoholism. Need another friend who is into herbs, spices.  Plus food ideas, such as diet lifestyle and other alternatives to health.  There a number of us on the forum.

You have met @Victoriad .  My friend always caring and always sharing recipes and anything food related.

Please can I say thank you for sharing and caring and supporting . This what the forum is all about. Great to talk to you. Hope please speak again.

All of us have knowledge and experience we all learn from each other.

I appreciate you commenting today about my interests in herbs. Great.

Hope to speak soon.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    Hello @susan48 Please can I add you have done nothing wrong my friend.

I care and am concerned as I spoken to you many times.

This gent just worried about you.

Understand the fears and anxieties please try to speak to some one like a well being service. Usually run by local councils. Just an idea.

Understand am very anxious went in got help and the rest is history.

I do know as we all do struggle with health issues.

I am and still do wish to be and feel great but if the drugs or meds do work. Look at other sources of help and support.

There is a lady on the forum SCOPE have consider talk to her.  She is a nutritionist and might help.  Under Ask a nutritionist.

By the way all these services are used to people of our community.

Please take care, can ask me anything food related if I can help.  Within the boundaries of the forum.

The one and only spiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    Hello @Victoriad Thanks for this made a note. Hope you do not mind?

Speak soon
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    Hi @Victoriad I have the same book @thespiceman We all have issues, problems, know people who have had them, a safe place to talk about whatever whenever is good for the soul.  If you look to the top right hand side of my book case you can see it there. This was when I used them in my business, now just for friends and family.

@thespiceman always happy to chat about food, herbs and spices and all round chatting, according to my friends I have a magical bench in my kitchen, they come in and sit down on it and before the tea is finished the feel less stress and more able to cope with the day ahead, so anytime anyone needs to chat I will get a kettle on.
    Hello @fishingmum Thanks for reply. Great good to know. Helps through the day.

Have always ideas and solutions to the every day problems what to eat.

Hope we can share ideas sometime

Take care
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    @thespicemanthat is good, I love free food as well, and any free recipes that I can make up. My free food fish, eggs, berries and veg that I grow so it is fair amount I get for free. maybe there should eb a recipe thread :)
    Hello @fishingmum Good morning suggested a few times on this forum. Only a good idea but suggestions and simple food solutions.

When you live like me and you are plus also @Victoriad . Remote places you can not say I fancy this tonight. Because the nearest shop is a mile or two away, have to plan meals and ecominise.

Make use of the produce you have got. Make use of the time you have and also most importantly no food waste.

Big one for me is money saved. All my friends laugh at me well any I have.

Who is laughing now as they all go to the food banks for tins.  Moaning and complaining.

Yet I am here making my own spice mixes, growing, herbs. Doing fabulous food on next to nothing.

Understand if I can do it so can they.  My disability not good some days but, what the heck strive on, struggle on and good luck to anybody like me. Who wants to learn to cook and be efficient. Take care of themselves and try not to worry about where the next meal is coming from.

Because I do and have plans this week now what am eating tomorrow plus rest of the week.

Try to show my sort of friends who listening no one.  There are the problem. Have tried goodness have tried. All there want is easy. Good bye to them and I hope better friends on the way.

Did soup last night simple stores using of. Thank you for common sense. Saves fortune on tins of soup when make my own.

Lovely.  More to save and use for anything I want. More money in the pot to use.

Take care . Meant to ask hope you are OK and speak to again anytime. You wish to.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    hi @thespiceman I am surprised that the lack of skill people have in general for cooking, my children were taught in the hosue so it matters nothing at all what they learn in school, but when they came back showing me what they were learning in school I was appauled.

What kind of soup did you make? I make soup often vegetable, carrot and parsnip, leak and potato are my free soups, if I make lentil or make any of them cream of soups it costs money so I tend not to bother too much.
    Hello @fishingmum Basically all my soups are from the Med . Italian based. All from Southern Italy areas. Such as deep South like Puglia or Calabria or other regions of Italy.

In Tuscany the North and Lombardy. There use beans and pulses very much in the cuisine.

A lot of my recipes are using vegetables. Always start with the veg when buying food. Then meat or fish to go with it.

So hard to explain to many people especially us Brits.  That vegetables are the star of the show.

When taught not listen but learn from friends who were Italian or Greek or Spanish. Buy next to nothing in their trolleys. Realising hang on something wrong here. Me spending a fortune on loads of meat, yet nothing filled me up.

Having a business at the time, they all market stall holders. Sometimes inviting me back for a feast. Yet nothing was more happy than seeing these people. These amazing people cook, simple, cheap food.

The times I used to go around, being taught and being listened. Learning still am.

From the Nona's or other relatives or friends who show me. Proud to show me. Simple food. Always love these people always will.

Simple soups done a few on the forums.  Under Coffee Lounge if you care to look.

Guide to Italian Cooking I think.

Did my home made tomato soup last night with a twist of course.

Basically so simple laughing really.

In a stock pot  Olive oil with onions, garlic, Passata, a Jar Roasted Peppers plus the vinegar. Drained SunDried Tomatoes.  Stock cube.
    Paprika, Smoked Paprika to taste add in Chilli's to taste. Tomato puree, a squirt.

Plus sweetener.  Diced Beetroot. Seriously works, Beetroot diced as a root because sweet when cooked. Put in what I could usually those cooked packs. Two or three put in.  Seasoning use Worcs Sauce just a dash for the onions mellows them and makes them sweet a bit.

Herbs Basil . Simmer long time like a couple of hours on the hob. Always a good hour or two . Cool down blitz up. 

Another good herb is Thyme or Rosemary. Even Oregano bit strong though.

Serve with bread. Have three tubs already blitzed up. Tonight Meat free Monday.  Always.  Any veggie lingering in the fridge used up.

Remember can freeze this, in Zip bags portions labelled. Saves space.

Hope any of this helps.  Great to meet you . Speak again.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    as I said in previous thread, I was trained in a kitchen and my father and cousins had a few restaurants mostly med based but Italian was the main cuisine (half my dads side of the family) veg and seafood are the main things I use as it is free and I pick it my self in season or catch when in season.

In our kitchen at home it was always full on, but when I go to other peoples house it is quiet or as if you should not be in there. when we used to visit family we would all be in the kitchen shouting about something and pinching food but I never saw it at friends houses, but there is a huge difference in what different cultures do to what happens in this country. It seems to be people are afraid of food here and cooking seems alien to them.

Hello @fishingmum Great from Italian back ground.  Really fantastic, I am always amazed and shocked my self when used to visit friends the lack of organisation and the lack of well it is food so what.

I had serious problems no money sometimes so days because of alcohol but also because being told to be fit for work. One year unfit for work. Ridiculous and silly but , no money. Mainly because of switching to one benefit to another.

Long times waiting.

Thank god for the Cucine Pavore the recipes so simple, so cheap so easy.

Got Meat free days and use the food I have left this week. Make it go further.

You know you are on the right track when a friend calls. Spent all his money on food got fridge, freezer. Stores and is buying take outs. Hang on you just spent a fortune on food.

Understand he calls my house has a look what are you having. Pepper Pasta or having Zucchini with Pasta.

Laughs at me but I am the one who is saving and being fit mentally and also physically by eating this really lovely tasty food. 

Here is the cruncher goes on holiday cannot afford broke when back home. Rings me for assistance. I say sorry have to consult my financial advisor.  Who is that me of course.

Had to smile another one of my so called fairweather friends turned up. Used up all his meat. I only bought so much he howled no money for next week.

I still have months meals . Hang on he exclaimed you bought same as me. Yes I did but with two or three veggie and seafood like Tuna or Prawns or Salmon.   Plus Sea Bream and Trout or other fish I can get.  Pads out the weeks.

Use Tins Tuna By way great little store cupboard standby in Sunflower oil. Cannot get Olive Oil ones. Farfalle with Peas or Spring veggies brilliant.

Thanks for sharing stories always appreciation from a I hope a friend who very happy to meet you.

Take care.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    @spiceman I live beside the sea so we catch our own food, I got a shock when a friend asked me to get some fish from the fish counter up in town and they were asking £3 for a mackerel. We normally catch about 40 at a time which I bring back and freeze. Pollock for a portion, not even the whole fish they were looking at 3.50 it must cost folk a fortune buying seafood from the fish counters. You can always bulk out meals using pulses and beans, if you make things like bolognese, lasagne moussaka etc best thing you can do is add a cup of porridge oats in with the mince beef, it bulks it out but also adds fibre to the dish, 1 cup is an additional portion and once mixed through gives it a slightly creamier texture. But every bit helps.

1 courgette plant gives me about 20-30 courgettes (zucchini) but I also have plenty of dishes using courgettes. Unfortunately they need an oven so maybe not great for you. Maybe you could ask a friend with an oven to do a few for you as they cost little to make and can freeze them.
    Hello @fishingmum Sorry got to you late been outside doing herbs, this issue with fish is ridiculous

All the fish I buy is afraid frozen except Salmon. Not because I wish to but because of price. Costs of a bag of Frozen Mackerel is about £3.

Same with Pollock and Coley if I can find them.

Sea Bass as well sorry want to buy fresh but prices not good.

Love the fishermen and the community do anything to support much as I could.

Had arguments in certain supermarkets with the fish guy because they sell all the same stuff.

I pointed out loads of fish like Sea Bream like Bass but will not sell it at all. Some I have seen too expensive.

Like Trout. Same thing. One time in the supermarkets had Hake in I was only one buying.

Then if ask for it to be filleted and all the rest gutted can not do it.

One certain supermarket refuse to do it. Had bought all their fish for years now not doing it.

So frozen sorry to say. Just defrost and use from fresh.

My food is simple and cheap.  Will look at alternatives to garden such as certain vegetables.  Potatoes in bags grow them . Slit a compost bag add potato. Then further down another.

So and on. Thought do this give it a try some time.

Thank you very much food ideas.

Speak soon again
    Community Champion
    Recipes
    @thespiceman I grow potatoes in pots a lot easier to manage than digging up the back garden. Allow a potato to sprout then cut into 4 pieces making sure there are sprouts on each part put it in the pot. Only fill the pot 1/4 way put the pieces in and then cover with soil. Allow them to grow then add more soil and keep doing this till the pot is full then leave to grow. doing it that way gives a lot more potatoes.
    Use grow bags for tomatoes and strawberries as well.

The fish I catch here fresh water trout, salmon and eels. From the sea pollack colefish, mackerel, conger eel, rays, ling, cod and we also pick mussels, clams, razorfish and whelks so it makes a huge difference for a family of 5 to be able to get so much for free.

I do understand why the prices are so high but it does make it difficult for those on a low income to afford.
    Hello @fishingmum Thank you for advice great tips, thought have ago at planting potatoes. Make some thing of my little garden. Not an allotment.

Tubs or bags or anything. Easy.

Fish as say love my fish. Fantastic for to and have it all.  Shame on this country not doing enough to support communities.

Know Hugh Fernley-Whittingstall trying to much as he can to identify and help the  communities.

The fish quotas.

Went in yesterday supermarket got all they have is Cod and Haddock and the Salmon.  In those little plastic containers and cling film etc. Not good, had and like fish but get it . You have to pay a price.

One time where I lived met a fish guy. Great good fish, all he did was bump up the price.  Came by my house and offered me fish at such inflated prices had to refuse.

Understand I have fond memories of going to the trawlers, when they landed. With my grandma who lived by the sea. Having fresh cod and nothing like it at all.

That is when it all started for me. My love of fish, like still Haddock, now tastes have changed to Coley or Pollack.

If I can get it, mainly frozen.

Hope you are well thanks for being a friend  

Thanks  Take care
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • GainaGaina Member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    Being out in the garden is so good for mind and body, I love mine. Dad does the heavy stuff and I enjoy the maintenance like watering on a nice evening such as this evening and dead-heading when necessary.

If you think it's something you might enjoy then this website may be helpful to you of you're looking for adapted tools etc.

Hello @Gaina Pleased to meet you thank you for this.  Understand much appreciated.

This is what I like about our fantastic community sharing information.

Knowledge and advice.

Have a disability and struggle with it. Yet doing gardening like herbs easy to do.

Used to volunteer but had to stop disability effected my work in the garden.  The garden staff not being am afraid sympathise to my needs and had to stop.  Among other issues. Was there to volunteer not be talked to like that. Just being honest.

Thought had to be others like me with disabilities.  Wish to do garden but not know where to look.

Some times I thought need help and advice on how to do things safely and easier.

@Victoriad   My good friend been giving me excellent advice on information.  Plants and certain herbs. Used to know but have forgotten. Have Mental health as well.

Looking at the website lots there to look at.

Created my own herb garden now and thanks to every body contributing.

Hope others inspire.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
Sign in or join us to comment.