Daughter with depression - what can we claim? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Daughter with depression - what can we claim?

Paigemma
Paigemma Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have a 16 Yr old girl with severe depression and a daughter with Adhd  what can I claim for 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2018
    Hello @Paigemma and a warm welcome to the community. Glad to have you with us.
    I don't know the answers to your specific questions but I am sure there are people here who will be able to assist you.
    You might like to try the online benefits calculator here and, in the meanwhile bear with us. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Warmest best wishes to you
    Richard
  • Paigemma
    Thank you for accepting me.

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Paigemma welcome you to the community.

If your other daughter is under 18 have you applied for Disability Living Allowance for them?

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Geoark said:
    Hi @Paigemma welcome you to the community.

If your other daughter is under 18 have you applied for Disability Living Allowance for them?
    That's incorrect advice, sorry. DLA can only be claimed if a person is under 16. If they are over 16 then it's PIP now and not DLA. PIP has replaced DLA.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Paigemma
    Thankyou I have got the Dla form for my youngest 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.