Hair Salon Wash Basins Uncomfortable — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hair Salon Wash Basins Uncomfortable

Options
Carrie74
Carrie74 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2018 in Research and opportunities
Does anyone else find the wash basins in hair salons uncomfortable. Going to the hair salon is one of my little luxuries in life however on a recent visit I found getting my hair washed a really unpleasant experience. The seat, which was at an angle and wash basin were really uncomfortable. I had to lean backwards which was sore for my neck and back while my legs were off the floor so it felt like my whole upper body was supported by my neck. I don't have a disability with my neck or back but if I found it uncomfortable then it must put anyone with neck/back pain off completely. Looking around I couldn't see any salon offering a better solution so I wondered if everyone with neck/back pain opted to stay at home instead of going to the salon? 

Hair Salon Wash Basins Uncomfortable 3 votes

I agree, they are too uncomfortable
66% 2 votes
I don't use salon for this reason
33% 1 vote

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.